Am I allowed to do this?

Jesse Hu

Reaction score
so i'm not sure if this is allowed but i wanted to create a channel reviewing replicas of expensive clothing

these replicas are from china and i won't be promoting them, just reviewing them and trying them on, saying if its worth it or not, etc.

the replicas look nearly identical to the retail ones and i WILL be telling my audience that these are replicas not the actual real piece of clothing

is this allowed?

thanks!

thepaulsociety

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im pretty sure you can just make sure to take some time and read over Youtube's guidelines and other copyright information. Basically you run a thin line when it comes to this kind of stuff.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive watched many videos where the creator compares a Replica to a genuine article.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have seen many youtubers do this! I am pretty sure it is allowed. You aren't copyrighting anything or anything like that, so you should be fine!

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am 99% sure it is allowed because it doesn't harm anyone in the ToS... anyways i seen worse videos on the platform that have not been punished such as Eating Live bugs, etc.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yes it's allowed. You'd only need to disclose anything if you were actually paid.

As for "allowed" on YouTube, it basically means, "I'll do this until I get caught"

SinLeviathan

Reaction score
Just be sure to disclaim that they are replicas in every single video.

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you should be allowed after all your doing a review of something so there should be no problem.

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Reviews are fine on anything, it doesn't matter as long as you aren't misrepresenting something I.E. the replica as an original. Which you already said you weren't going to do. Reviews come under fair use.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the legal forum. :)