Alias Ideas

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've made the decision that I wanted to continue on my channel under some sort of alias. I wanted to keep my first name Stefan but then something else. I would just go just as Stefan like I am now, but I feel like having something after it would help be more identifiable and make it easier in the search engines like Google and YouTube. Mostly, because my username on YouTube is dumb, I thought having a name attached to it would help people find me if they wanted, and just 'Stefan' won't exactly narrow down onto me even though it is a bit of a unique name. I would use my regular name, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I wanted something different, and with YouTube a little bit of privacy. Something 'catchy' but not cheesy. I'm really crap at stuff like this so I wanted some suggestions, while I try to think of something.

Thanks guys in advance.

EDIT: If you have any ideas, private message me!

Ray The Video Guy

Learn YouTube!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know a lot of people that do this for a variety of reasons.

For instance, a guy that teaches how to fight banks that are scamming you started getting threats, so he created an identity.

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, I see how it makes sense. I'm not trying to create and alter ego or anything, just something good/unique to cover up my last name.

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Just for almost a quick pre-note, for ideas of how you could make your name more identifiable, do you want to be giving your subscribers a name to refer to them as? (as if you made it StefanBro you could call them your 'Bros' etc) this kind of thing is what some big youtubers have done to almost create their brand... you could do iStefan but thats a little cheesy.. how unusual/different do you want it?

Reactions: Stef

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just for almost a quick pre-note, for ideas of how you could make your name more identifiable, do you want to be giving your subscribers a name to refer to them as? (as if you made it StefanBro you could call them your 'Bros' etc) this kind of thing is what some big youtubers have done to almost create their brand... you could do iStefan but thats a little cheesy.. how unusual/different do you want it?
I wanted it unique in the sense that it wasn't a bunch of other Stefan___'s around and it be easily identifiable if people ever searched it. It's funny you said 'iStefan' because I was going as that back in 2009, mostly because I liked the TV show :D

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
I wanted it unique in the sense that it wasn't a bunch of other Stefan___'s around and it be easily identifiable if people ever searched it. It's funny you said 'iStefan' because I was going as that back in 2009, mostly because I liked the TV show :D
Maybe it could be something like 'TheStefanOfficial' which could make you seem like a pro i guess :/

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That sounds more like a channel name, which would be fine if that was actual YT username :( I was thinking about an actual name. Stefan then another name.

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
That sounds more like a channel name, which would be fine if that was actual YT username :( I was thinking about an actual name. Stefan then another name.
oh right ok... hmmmmmm..... right so this my alternative humour idea going with play on words.... wait for it.... Stefan your foot :/ like step on your foot.....

ok ok its not that good but... how bout 'Stefan the man' (ahh yeah), 'Stefan's got the Plan' , 'Stefan's Plan', or how bout 'Stefan Vlogz'/'Stefan Vlogs' etc dyou catch ma drift here?...

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
'Stefan Vlogs' could work. But, it still sounds like it would be better if it matched the username. I'm temped to make a new channel, but I don't know.

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
'Stefan Vlogs' could work. But, it still sounds like it would be better if it matched the username. I'm temped to make a new channel, but I don't know.
I guess its just whatever you feel needs to happen :/