After looking at YT's studio's analytics should I fix and re-upload videos?

fiupikeOY

Reaction score
Hello peeps,

After looking at the analytics a little closer since our channel is not performing nearly as good as I would hope I notice a few things and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to re-edit those vids and re-upload.

I notice a massive drop in audience retention within the first 10-20 seconds of our vids (50-60%). Our videos all start with a 5 second clip then a video intro and then a channel intro that's 14 seconds long. I think that's a problem proven by the numbers. Some of these videos only have 50 views or 100 views. Should I get rid of all that fluff in the beginning and re-upload the video and see how it performs?

Also, how effective is changing the thumbnail and title after months of the video being posted? Does YT even care about your video anymore or a change in thumbnail and title will ping the algorithm again?

Here's a sample of a recent video that only has 50 views. The format is the same for all our videos.

Thank you in advance.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the review / feedback forum. :)

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I found your intro a little to long. I would probably shorten it at least. I got rid of long intros about a year ago. I leave all the fluff until the end of the video. I give the title and right away start with the core information.
I don't know if that really makes a difference in reality, although I am inclined to believe it helps in my case.

JustJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The editing is really good. This is great for family friendly content which is what YouTube loves the most. I suggest next time to show and talk about what you are doing when you're actually there instead of commenting about it. Try it out for one of the videos and see if you guys like it! Other than that great video! I liked it a lot!

fiupikeOY

Reaction score
The editing is really good. This is great for family friendly content which is what YouTube loves the most. I suggest next time to show and talk about what you are doing when you're actually there instead of commenting about it. Try it out for one of the videos and see if you guys like it! Other than that great video! I liked it a lot!
Yeah that's definitely going to be the structure next time, but for these that's all I have. Content is good, editing good, epic locations, and YouTube may love family content the most but my views SUCK!!!

fiupikeOY

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has any input to delete and re-upload videos if it has low views.

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It might mess with the intro music, but another option is to use the YouTube editor to chop out part of your intro to shorten it. This way you do not lose the views you have already acquired on this video.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
in general I try hard to make shorter videos, simply due to short attention span of most humans :hot: (is it a fact?) at times there is no intro/outro , hoping thumbnails/title is sufficient