Adwords - No Views in statistics but video has an increase in view count

ItsLasma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi.
So basically it is what the title says.
I've tried adwords for 2 of my videos, they both have significantly more views, but adwords is shoving zeros everywhere - zero click, zero views etc etc
I totally don't mind getting more views for free, but I'm worried that I'll get an invoice or something at the old of the month and end up paying a fortune just because I don't get any data and therefore can't adjust the campaign.
I don't understand loads about adwords, so I would need you help.

Tldr: I have an actual increase in views that I know is from adwords but adwords shows no clicks or other data at all. Am I gonna end up paying a random amount of money?

whats_good

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Adwords doesn't update straight away, unless you put a total campaign budget the chances are you will be charged extra.

ItsLasma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Adwords doesn't update straight away, unless you put a total campaign budget the chances are you will be charged extra.
Thank you. I know it says it has a delay, but it's supposed to be hours not weeks, isn't it?
It just doesn't show any information at all about clicks or anything else.
I was thinking maybe if I put it on adwords it is somehow automatically promoted more on YouTube and featured more?
Is there any other way to check your moneys on adwords? Also, do they just automatically take the money from invoice at the end of the month?

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Do your analytics already show where the additional views came from? It may well be that it's a different source than AdWords.

whats_good

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you. I know it says it has a delay, but it's supposed to be hours not weeks, isn't it?
It just doesn't show any information at all about clicks or anything else.
I was thinking maybe if I put it on adwords it is somehow automatically promoted more on YouTube and featured more?
Is there any other way to check your moneys on adwords? Also, do they just automatically take the money from invoice at the end of the month?
Oh I didnt release it been a few weeks. Best bet is to contact their Customer Services, you will get a genuine answer rather than forum speculation. Good luck!

ItsLasma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do your analytics already show where the additional views came from? It may well be that it's a different source than AdWords.
Last time I looked it didn't have the info yet.
Will it just say - ads or something? (I will check later when I get home)

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have a section called "YouTube advertising" in your traffic source report.

G and E(GSE)

Reaction score
You need to contact google support asap.

Also check, the video could get more views without adwords. Personally i see adwords a method for google to make money and would never recommend using it.

ItsLasma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You need to contact google support asap.

Also check, the video could get more views without adwords. Personally i see adwords a method for google to make money and would never recommend using it.
Could you please explain more why you think so and what other ways to show your videos to bigger audience you'd suggest?
It seems like I've got more views, but only like 1 or 2 new subscribers from adwords.

Thank you everyone so much for your help. I kept refreshing adwords on my tablet and it kept showing no clicks or any information about the audience even after re-logging in.
Now I logged in from my laptop, it showed no information, too. But then after clicking on some other columns and then coming back to my campaign, it all showed up and turns out I owe them around £25 for like a 400 views. And possibly 2 subscribers.
Then again my YouTube analytics show that YouTube ads are only 15% of the traffic. It's quite a high price to pay and the data they give is not reliable from what I see, so I think that'll be end to my adwords adventure.

Thank you again guys. If any suggestions, please, I'll appreciate :)

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I always set the highest bid for a view to 0.01. It looks like you set it a lot higher. It's just normal that it gets more expensive in such a case.
Furthermore I try to narrow down my ad targets so that it's much more likely to get people who will subscribe.