Advice: Subscriber growth slowed and fewer comments

The Tech Chap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys. I've been running my Tech Chap channel since Feb '15:

Although my video production quality has improved over the months (in my opinion at least), I'm finding that my growth in terms of subscribers has plateaued to a rather mediocre ~10 or so a day.

I'm putting a lot of time in my channel and feel my sub numbers aren't reflecting the content i'm putting out there (e.g. iPhone 6S review up only a couple days after launch) or even the relatively high number of views i'm getting.

Do you guys have any thoughts/opinions on my channel - in terms of improvement, feedback and how to gain more subscribers?

Many thanks.

(P.S I do have a custom channel URL but i'm having trouble with YTTALK accepting it at the moment so just use the one below).

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thread moved to the Reviews & Feedback section :thumbsup2:

(P.S I do have a custom channel URL but i'm having trouble with YTTALK accepting it at the moment so just use the one below).
If you have a /c/ URL, you can edit your YTtalk Personal Details settings display it by unchecking both the /channel/ and /user/ boxes. That will work for your signature but will break the subscribe button on your profile since YT doesn't support that yet. So it's a trade off, unfortunately.

Reactions: The Tech Chap

Infinite Paths

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Dude you've done amazingly in less than a year. I'm surprised the interview with the gadget show guy has only got 500 views compared to some of your other videos, but what can you do. I can only suggest more promotion, the quality looks good. Where do you promote your videos usually?

The Tech Chap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I was a bit surprised about the lack of views on that one - in fact pretty much all my Tea & Techs do poorly lol! I have an FB/Twitter account for it where I promote it but that's about it.

Do you have any suggestions for good ways to promote?

Infinite Paths

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I usually use facebook groups and reddit. There must be lots of tech forums to slyly post in without being too self-promotional. Yeh good luck with promoting that video, it probably just needs a few good shares and it will fly off the shelves.