Advice on a giveaway!

Ruth Taylor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im hoping to do a giveaway on my channel for fun but I'm still thinking of what I could give away. I was thinking of sweets or chocolate but keeping it within the uk rather than worldwide too due to money costs.

People with experience could you give me advice on good websites to help choose the winner too :)

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi :) We just did a giveaway on our channel and gave some school supplies away since it is close to starting! It worked pretty well and people really responded! I wish you the best of luck!

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im hoping to do a giveaway on my channel for fun but I'm still thinking of what I could give away. I was thinking of sweets or chocolate but keeping it within the uk rather than worldwide too due to money costs.

People with experience could you give me advice on good websites to help choose the winner too :)
Personally I would never send out foods or eat foods from a total stranger sended to me from the internet. Maybe that's just me but I as a viewer would be careful with that. If I where you I would pick a giveaway that is linked to a trending topic that also can be sended worldwide and make your video appeal not only to the trending topic but also to a broad audience. Like a back to school give away. It's a less unique idea but one that will work better marketing wise at this particular time of the year for example.

Reactions: KantoGaming

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i havent personally done one yet, but make sure it doesn't bring in people who only sub to you to get the prize then become an inactive sub, or just unsub again. Thats the only thing that worrys me about a giveaway, i would much rather give it away to someone who is an active loyal subscriber then someone who is only subbed to get a prize but thats just me

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'd give away things that YOU like, maybe a small box or two of items that you like, since the people that follow you will probably follow you because they are interested in the same things as you, so why not just give away those kinds of things!
Besides, nobody is forced to enter the giveaway, if they really don't like it they don't have to enter!
Goodluck with all of it! I just checked out your channel and I really like it so far!!

Ruth Taylor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi :) We just did a giveaway on our channel and gave some school supplies away since it is close to starting! It worked pretty well and people really responded! I wish you the best of luck!
I will check it out aha it may be a good idea since I'm about to go back to uni so I will be looking for stuff myself ![DOUBLEPOST=1471378427,1471377762][/DOUBLEPOST]
Personally I would never send out foods or eat foods from a total stranger sended to me from the internet. Maybe that's just me but I as a viewer would be careful with that. If I where you I would pick a giveaway that is linked to a trending topic that also can be sended worldwide and make your video appeal not only to the trending topic but also to a broad audience. Like a back to school give away. It's a less unique idea but one that will work better marketing wise at this particular time of the year for example.
oh thats a fair point about the food, I will think about it yeah but as much as i want my channel to be seen I dont want to jump on the this is popular i will do it bandwagon, the back to school works but id change it to uni as thats ore personal to me aha thank you too :3[DOUBLEPOST=1471378531][/DOUBLEPOST]
i havent personally done one yet, but make sure it doesn't bring in people who only sub to you to get the prize then become an inactive sub, or just unsub again. Thats the only thing that worrys me about a giveaway, i would much rather give it away to someone who is an active loyal subscriber then someone who is only subbed to get a prize but thats just me
thats a great point as loads of people probably do that but then again you have to have faith in your content :3[DOUBLEPOST=1471378966][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd give away things that YOU like, maybe a small box or two of items that you like, since the people that follow you will probably follow you because they are interested in the same things as you, so why not just give away those kinds of things!
Besides, nobody is forced to enter the giveaway, if they really don't like it they don't have to enter!
Goodluck with all of it! I just checked out your channel and I really like it so far!!
Its super difficult because I like so many things XD aha but you make a great point ! I will think about making it more personal to me :) and thats a fair point they dont have to enter but hopefully they will stay for the other videos hopefully aha !
oh thank you! You didn't have to! I super appreciate it though :D

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

I've moved your thread to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Reactions: Ruth Taylor