Ads on my videos only after that video gets 10k views , I'm the only one with this ?

Alexandru Iulian

Reaction score
Hellou, so I have monetization enabled on my channel.
I tried 1 with a channel with adsense
and 1 with a channel with network
I upload a video and it doesn't get any ads, but when video reach 10k views gets ads on it.
Do you have the same problem ?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the video monetization discussion forum. ^_^

YouTube recently had an update that requires channels to have at least 10k views before they can monetize their content as a YouTube Partner. I'm not sure if it's changed to be per video..?? =/ But perhaps your channel didn't have 10k views until around the time you started seeing ads on your current video?

Alexandru Iulian

Reaction score
I moved this to the video monetization discussion forum. ^_^

YouTube recently had an update that requires channels to have at least 10k views before they can monetize their content as a YouTube Partner. I'm not sure if it's changed to be per video..?? =/ But perhaps your channel didn't have 10k views until around the time you started seeing ads on your current video?
sorry to say to you but , please read again :)
so I have monetization enabled on my channel.
I upload a video and it doesn't get any ads, but when video reach 10k views gets ads on it.
I do get ads but over 10k views to that video , until 10k that video doesn't get ads, which it's annyoing, and I ask if someone experience the same..

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well..it used to be that even if you had monetization enabled before YouTube set the rule, it would still appear enabled as a partner, but you wouldn't receive ads again until you reached 10k views total. But I haven't heard of it being per video. That definitely doesn't happen with me...