Adobe After Effects Problem

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Okay so I'm just doing a simple curves effect on my video to color correct it. The video is being put into AAE as a mp4 with an origin file extension of m2ts. When rendering out i rendering using lossless, outputting to my file name with best settings. After the rendering process, the video is blocky and skips back a few seconds before continuing.

What i've found on line, when using AAE with a lower than cs5 version, the video becomes pixelated when using the h.246 (forget exact numbers) compression type. This is because that it dosen't keyframe the entire video but only emits keyframs at regular intervals causing a loss of video quality in between frames.

My problem is that i do in fact have cs5, and if i wanted to change compression types, which program, it says it can be done in quicktime, but quicktime wont even open my mp4 file. Also it says to use apple's compressor program, but its expensive and torrenting is a pain...

My Mac specs/ program specs

AAE cs5

Please help if you can.

Your face when you see this block of text ---->:eek:

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont know much about After Effects but have you have tried the Quicktime format using the animation codec when rendering? Sorry if thats not much help to you.

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I dont know much about After Effects but have you have tried the Quicktime format using the animation codec when rendering? Sorry if thats not much help to you.
Sorry i just got home, and sorry if i wasn't very clear,

but the original video feed is a m2ts file turned into a repackaged mp4. This is because of the program HDPVR i use to capture automatically repackages to only that format. I can't choose the .mov format, unless i render from adobe as a .mov, but then it would still be blocky because m2ts is h.246.... hope:D you understand that but basically no go on the .mov