A Short Little Animation

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is just a short animated thing I made. I've been playing around with different things in Premiere, and actually, think this came out kind of nice. Any advice on tricks for making my animations look smoother, or maybe more advanced, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey there! I‘m currently studying animation, so hopefully this will help some.

Just to begin, it was a good video. I like that is was short. A lot of people can tend to make them too long and that gets obnoxious. Quality over quantity. Also a quick note, my audio isn’t working, so I’ll just be talking about animation.

As for smoothness, I definitely suggest looking at the 12 principles of animation:
1. Squash and Stretch
2. Anticipation
3. Staging
4. Pose to pose
5. Follow through and overlapping action
6. Slow in/slow out
7. Arcs!
8. Secondary actions
9. Timing
10. Exxxxaaageration
11. Solid drawing
12. Appeal

These will definitely help give your animations more form and believability. For example, most everything in life naturally moves in an arc. If you lift your arm, it moves in an arc, not robotically. Hence, things don’t tend to go in straight lines. Of course, every animator is different. You might not being going for that kind of look, so do whatever suits you best :)

Good luck and I hope to see more animations in the future!

Roxcreativeteam

Reaction score
Hey! I love your cup video! It’s so original. What software do you use for animate?
Looks awesome

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey! I love your cup video! It’s so original. What software do you use for animate?
Looks awesome
Thanks! Glad you liked it. It is a very oddly specific video, but that also makes it stand out and more unique.

I originally learned messing around on Adobe Flash, but now that’s being called Adobe Animate (exact same software, new name). Hence I call it Flash Animate whenever people ask.

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not an animator so I don't have much critique to add unfortunately (clicked on this bc I thought it was an anime post tbh haha), but great job putting this together! Very whimsical. I hope you keep on trying, growing and improving! :)