A Question About the YouTube Search Engine

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I seem to remember reading that youtube uses data relating to views of a video in the first few days after it is published to determine how it ranks the video. Views after those first few days do not have the same impact on YTSEO.

Has anybody else heard this or can verify it?

I ask because I have just published a video that was a significant investment in time and cash for me and is important for my business. I published the video on Thursday evening and then promoted it through the usual channels on Thursday evening and Friday. It has received almost 200 views pretty quickly (and more importantly a few enquiries for the yacht in the video), but as expected the weekend views are already looking bleak.

However...the company I am contracted to saw the video and want to start promoting it through their channels on Monday. That will probably mean linking to the video on their website (that receives 300,000 visitors every month), asking the digital press to promote it, including it in their digital newsletter to 50,000 recipients...this could be really good for me.

BUT...will it come too late to significantly effect the SEO????

What do you think?

NovaOMG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No it won't be too late, a new video is still published as new for around 1 week.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Thanks NovaOMG!

"Publishing as new" as I understand it means that they promote the video as a "new video" so that my subscribers will see it on their YT homepage and maybe through emails. Does this tie in to the YT search engine algorithm though? If they publish it as new but nobody watches it I imagine that this will not be of any help to my SEO. However, if they publish it as new and loads of people watch it I guess that this will boost my SEO?

As you can probably tell...I'm talking about something that I don't have a clue about :0)