A New "YT Changed How They Did Things Again," Post.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have seen a difference in my channel. Views went up almost 100% and revenue went up 200%. (mid roll ads pay off?)
But I attribute most of that to the content last month. It was all videos that I knew would be very popular in my niche (expat niche, condo shopping vids). This month is back to regular vids, and regular amount of views, but still more money. Mid roll ads? Maybe? Not sure, but I will happily take the extra money

Reactions: JayZippo

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess this is my complain thread, so you can ignore it. Just needed to vent.

Youtube has just sucked away the last few bits of fun I had for running my channel.

Between them pulling my thumbnail that I have been using for months. Yes, on newer videos they pull it and send me this crap email, but not on older videos... those thumbnails are just fine. And they do not in anyway go against their policy, they must of changed how their automated system works and went with it. I don't dare question it, because who knows what they would do if someone looked it over and was having a bad day. I would be screwed, too many poopy d**k jokes, STRIKE!

I have a short article I wrote about it. Unfortunately I have examples of other youtubers (that have a ton fo subs) that have 100% worse thumbnails, but they allow them to keep them. So there are some NSFW images on it, so I wont post the link. If you are interested, PM me.

The fact that a friend of mine last week was asking me why I didn't upload that week, and I said I did. It was not in his suggested NOR was it in his subscription feed. Is it possible their horrific algorithm is now diving into the subscription feed? We did some experiments, I would upload anything like a 20 second video, and it did show up on his feed.. But for some reason my last video the week prior is no where in his feed. Don't think Youtube is broke? Think again.

I am the big "do it for yourself and no one else" guy... but it can be a bit much. 15 years on the platform, a horrid sub base (less than 1% view to sub ratio) and half their systems don't work; ranging from thumbnail review to removing spam bots. The same bot hit my video for 3 weeks straight. Took them 3 weeks and I reported it at least 5-6 times.

Honestly, if Google didn't own them, they would of been out of business long ago, so in some way I should be grateful that I can still post a ton of stuff for absolute free. On the other side, they have drained me from any ambition, any fun and my excitement for the platform, for my channel.

OK, sad sack rant over. :(

Last edited:

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also saw some rise in views last month, then everything went back to normal. I see most of the young viewers that used to watch a lot on YouTube are now mostly occupied with TikTok (I see people all around - kids, youngsters doing TikTok).
YouTube tries to catch on the short videos/Tiktoking trend, so they promote Shorts as well, which may be one of the reasons why all many creators are seening decrease in views and impressions.

Reactions: JayZippo

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube just pulled a thumbnail of mine. It was a portrait of my main character in my game play and a cut out of my cat Zorro. I guess her blonde hair... was too sexy? They took the image of my cat as a pus... ok, not going there. LOL

I know it can be way worse and it will probably start to get there, I have seen a few Youtubers posting WTF videos because someone (I do mean some ONE, not a bot) went through their channel and demonitized a ton of videos.

You would think they would start to improve, right? Well, you would think wrong then. Continually getting worse with no help in site.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

And I quote:

We wanted to let you know our team reviewed your content, and we think it violates our sex and nudity policy. We know you may not have realized this was a violation of our policies, so we're not applying a strike to your channel. However, we have removed the following content from YouTube:

Thumbnail on video: Blinded By The Light - Fallout 4 The So-Long Season , Season 7, Episode 09

We realize this may be disappointing news, but it's our job to make sure that YouTube is a safe place for all. If you think we've made a mistake, you can appeal this decision - you'll find more details below.

OK a new Youtube game...

Guess what is wrong with the thumbnail?

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I'm guessing some YT bot scanned her catsuit as flesh and dubbed her almost totally naked? Yeah, definitely seems like there's nothing wrong with that thumbnail.

She kinda looks like Tina Turner having a rough night.