A New "YT Changed How They Did Things Again," Post.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just thought I would keep things fresh. A thread for anything that seems off with YT.

As much as I love YT; I can post 3GB videos all day long, promote it how I see fit (for the most part) and the speed / rendering is pretty damn good.

I also dislike them; way too big destroys the little man, they implement changes to just about anything without warning or rhyme of reason and there customer service is atrocious.

4 weeks ago, my videos started to get an uptick in views. In my own ideals; I am out of YT jail now?

3 weeks ago they were almost back where they were from a year or so ago when YT just destroyed my channel with their algorithm. YEAH!

2 weeks ago, my views dropped off a good 20-25%.

last week they dropped off another 20-25% sending me pretty much back to where I was before.

I am only telling you this because it is almost unmistakable pattern, exactly what new algorithms do to any video search and visual. As I have said multiple times I am not looking to be a huge channel, but I would love to have more than my usual 20-30 people watch a view or two of mine.

Whatever they did over the last month, I am not sure. I can't count it as coincidence; I did nothing different than before and it is quite literally, on the mark with views... meaning that would of translated out to if and when I was actually on suggested lists, etc.

Just curious if anyone else had this happen, or if something weird you have noticed with YT lately?

Reactions: Graphic Designer

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I have noticed the same drastic changes on my channel lately. I also think its an algorithm changes but usually when they do a change creators quickly know what they are looking for but up till now I still don't know why the changes and what they are aiming for but my advice will be to keep creating valuable content and your channel will catch up with time

Reactions: JayZippo

Graphic Designer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There has definitely been an algorithm change within the last month. My views have dropped by about 40%.

• Sad

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I have noticed the same drastic changes on my channel lately. I also think its an algorithm changes but usually when they do a change creators quickly know what they are looking for but up till now I still don't know why the changes and what they are aiming for but my advice will be to keep creating valuable content and your channel will catch up with time
Appreciate the go-get-em... but I have been doing this since 2006. For whatever reason my channel never took off, and that is fine. I have almost 1,300 videos. They are pretty high quality, if I do say so myself, albeit not everyones cup of tea.

My reason for saying this? Creating good content does not translate into more views or subs. Now more than ever it really doesn't matter the quality of the content for growing. Hell, I would even say the people who upload raw garbage with no editing has a better chance because I have heard from some people, they like that better.

My dead horse I always beat is this: Make the videos, strive to be better, put out great quality content.. and do it for YOU. If you are doing this is hopes you will grow big, you will be gravely disappointed. I reserved myself to the fact my channel will never grow much because of Youtube and their ever changing, never notifying way they do things. ANND I don't want to be dedicating hours upon hours of time on something I am not interested in, jsut to fit into Youtubes idea of what a good video is. They are real big, but they are run like the bad news bears. In comparison, if the company I work for was run like Youtube, they would be out of business, a long time ago.

I got a real good job, so I am not worried about this being anything other than a hobby. I implore others to think of it like that, just a hobby.

Sorry, wow longwinded rant, my bad.

Reactions: LandyVlad

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Appreciate the go-get-em... but I have been doing this since 2006. For whatever reason my channel never took off, and that is fine. I have almost 1,300 videos. They are pretty high quality, if I do say so myself, albeit not everyones cup of tea.

My reason for saying this? Creating good content does not translate into more views or subs. Now more than ever it really doesn't matter the quality of the content for growing. Hell, I would even say the people who upload raw garbage with no editing has a better chance because I have heard from some people, they like that better.

My dead horse I always beat is this: Make the videos, strive to be better, put out great quality content.. and do it for YOU. If you are doing this is hopes you will grow big, you will be gravely disappointed. I reserved myself to the fact my channel will never grow much because of Youtube and their ever changing, never notifying way they do things. ANND I don't want to be dedicating hours upon hours of time on something I am not interested in, jsut to fit into Youtubes idea of what a good video is. They are real big, but they are run like the bad news bears. In comparison, if the company I work for was run like Youtube, they would be out of business, a long time ago.

I got a real good job, so I am not worried about this being anything other than a hobby. I implore others to think of it like that, just a hobby.

Sorry, wow longwinded rant, my bad.
Do you mind sharing your channel link?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow I now understand what you really mean. Your videos are great and here was I thinking if you just create video content even half as good as yours, your channel will grow fast on YouTube.

I don't know much about gaming but could it be your choice of Games, because the "Super Sonico" videos seem to be doing better.

For me I create a lot of extra content on top authority sites that do rank easily on Google and as time goes by I keep getting extra views from Google which help get my videos more views and sometime boost the videos later on YouTube

Just thinking other ways I can help because I for example started my channel around 2019 and it will be hitting 5k in a few minutes if not hours. I know the niche also matters but doing a little bit of promo on your part might help boost your views and that might help YouTube suggest your video to a wider range of people.

Just keep having fun with it though, one can see that from your video production Great job man

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
When you say that four weeks ago your videos received an uptick in views - do you mean that some of your older, most popular videos were getting those videos? Just curious as it seems like your view count for your more recent videos has been static for quite some time.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you say that four weeks ago your videos received an uptick in views - do you mean that some of your older, most popular videos were getting those videos? Just curious as it seems like your view count for your more recent videos has been static for quite some time.
No. Sadly. Really really sadly. For the longest time I would get between 50-75 views. Then Youtube changed. It dropped to 20-30. Then I had an uptick to 40-60 for 2 or so weeks, now its back down to 20-30. Yes, I was talking about my more recent vids. Though I get a steady 50-60 views a week on a few videos in the past.

3600 subs / 40 views = .1% sub interaction. Yes. Thats .1. POINT ONE. If you really think Youtube isn't doing certain things to channels, you are nuts. Now I don't think there is some conspiracy, I just think they are finding the best way to promote channels that make them money and suppressing the ones that do not. Generally speaking, it makes sense in a business model. But it leaves the little guys high and dry in the process.

Lastly, (dead horse beating) I do myself no favors, Video game videos. Not exactly trail blazing, and near impossible to grow in that genre now it is absolutely saturated.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Interesting. I had a thumbnail removed. Now mind you, I have used the same type of image for hundreds of thumbs. So the 40+ previous thumbnails are fine, but the one I posted today, was an issue.

Can we say that YT is broken in a few areas of their platform? I think Ill upload a thumbnail with a picture of my elbow and have them pull that one. Its happened many time.