BIGtheRED

Confidence Crew's "Gamer Viking"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
AHAA!! The tables have turned, my friends!! What will become of THIS adventure?

In all seriousness, I am part of a five-person gaming channel (Confidence Crew). We all know each other, and we all mainly do gameplay footage (funny moments, reactions, ; some are group videos, some are independent, some are bigger titles, and some are indie games we've never heard of before. Its a pretty eclectic channel, but that might be part of its downfall. SO, I was initially hoping to entice one or more of you fine people into providing a review to the channel, and let me know what to think...

And then I changed my mind.... because you know what? That's selfish, and that's not how I roll.

So, instead of sitting here an requesting a channel review, and waiting for someone to float along on the winds and happen to land on my request, I propose this:

1) I/we are willing to provide our own review of any of YOUR channels (max 1). How we think of the format, channel branding, intros/outros, are things interesting, how your tagging/SEO is, production, content, etc. etc. etc. ... Everybody could always use more feedback, and we'd be willing to provide it.

2) AND, in exchange for that, we would like you to do the same for us. Let us know what you liked/disliked, what can change, what you think was interesting, our branding, SEO, production, content, etc.

If you are interested in exchanging reviews, feel free to post below.
You can either post your review of our stuff here, and then we/I'll PM you with ours.
OR, you can PM me, and we can start a dialogue. We're fine with reviewing yours first if you're feeling cautious.

Matt

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice intro! Short, catchy, and awesome. Yall look like you are on there having fun and it shows! Nothing in particular stands out to me one way or the other for your videos (saw your latest one, sunchipswag is life) and it was pretty dang entertaining. Keep it up fellas! Oh and a review on my stuff would be cool too.

Reactions: BIGtheRED

BIGtheRED

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A Youtube channel ... dedicated ... to coffee! Amazing.
I like the idea to your channel; its specialized to one thing. Your presence on video looks very natural.
How you introduce yourself, and your intro animation look pretty damn pro.
Your branding is solid; I see your name, how you pitch yourself, and the video topics, and I know right away that you are clearly the man to go to for my coffee concerns on Youtube. LOL

Couple things worth mentioning:
- Your tags seem good, but you might want to consider adding a couple more lines to your descriptions. I read somewhere that Youtube SEO searches your title first, your description second, and tags third. You could figure out a way to add more keywords to your description.
- Your top banner is... decent for starters, but its pixelated on my screen. I would suggest looking into a more branded, higher definition design; maybe something custom photoshopped by someone.
- Your thumbnails could be better. Some of them still kinda look like the standard ones Youtube gives you. This is another photoshop thing. Your custom thumbnails should pop! They need to grab the eye; just having a logo in the corner is pretty minimal.

Those are my two cents.
Its definitely entertaining! I'll probably find myself throwing your channel at a few people I know.

------------------------

I'm totally down to do more.
If you guys want to exchange reviews, let me know or just jump in.

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would like to get a review from you, but let me review the channel first then! ;)

I really love your banner, it introduces everyone who works at the channel which is always good for more personality! You can see that you are all having fun making videos and that shows in your videos! They are high quality, fun to watch and also nicely edited! Keep it up guys, you will get there! ;)

Tranxify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Your branding is professional and awesome. The banner introduces everyone in a cool way and I really like it. For the intro, it is unique and awesome. Again, it looks really professional, and as for the outro, same thing. I never saw something catchy that grabbed my attention that much. I am not a big fan of intros, but yours really stands out, so good job on that!

I saw your last video, and at some point there was some echo I think. That is probably because you were on a skype call or something and in the same time you heard him in the in-game mic chat. My suggestion is to mute on of them or delete it's voice if you have your audio in multiple channels.

I am not the best out there to talk about SEO, but what I noticed is that you did not mention any keywords in your description. The first one or two lines in the description are really important because when Youtube or Google gets to rank your videos. They search those lines for keywords. For the tags, you listed all your names first, which I do not suggest. Again, the first tags you mention are the ones that google or Youtube recognises more. Not many people will search your Youtube channel unless they already know you. Put at the beginning of your tag list your main keywords then towards the end put your names, channel name or whatever you like.

That's about it for my review, I hope that I helped you! I would really love a review back on my channel, thank you! :)

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A Youtube channel ... dedicated ... to coffee! Amazing.
I like the idea to your channel; its specialized to one thing. Your presence on video looks very natural.
How you introduce yourself, and your intro animation look pretty damn pro.
Your branding is solid; I see your name, how you pitch yourself, and the video topics, and I know right away that you are clearly the man to go to for my coffee concerns on Youtube. LOL

Couple things worth mentioning:
- Your tags seem good, but you might want to consider adding a couple more lines to your descriptions. I read somewhere that Youtube SEO searches your title first, your description second, and tags third. You could figure out a way to add more keywords to your description.
- Your top banner is... decent for starters, but its pixelated on my screen. I would suggest looking into a more branded, higher definition design; maybe something custom photoshopped by someone.
- Your thumbnails could be better. Some of them still kinda look like the standard ones Youtube gives you. This is another photoshop thing. Your custom thumbnails should pop! They need to grab the eye; just having a logo in the corner is pretty minimal.

Those are my two cents.
Its definitely entertaining! I'll probably find myself throwing your channel at a few people I know.

------------------------

I'm totally down to do more.
If you guys want to exchange reviews, let me know or just jump in.
Thanks for the advice man! I been messing with different ideas on my channel art. I'll have to keep tweeking it around a bit to see what I can make but I appreciate critique. Hey I may shout you out in one of my future videos if you want, as well!

BIGtheRED

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would like to get a review from you, but let me review the channel first then! ;)

I really love your banner, it introduces everyone who works at the channel which is always good for more personality! You can see that you are all having fun making videos and that shows in your videos! They are high quality, fun to watch and also nicely edited! Keep it up guys, you will get there! ;)
Thanks! The channel is new as of a few months ago, and we've all been pitching in. I feel like we need to do more group-related videos.

My first impression of your channel:

Your branding is solid! Great banner at the top. I like the custom (animated) logo you have of yourself. Did you animate that yourself, or did someone else animate it?
Lots of content. A lot of videos. The tags seem good on those videos.
The intro video on your channel grabs the viewers attention, and compels them to Subscribe, or look deeper into the channel. Its a very good 'Call to Action!'. This is probably something we should be doing at our channel, now that I think of it.

I do notice, however, that your videos are getting about the same number of views that ours are getting. I wonder if it might help to do more marketing; find more spots to grab viewers. Theres no such thing as too much.
Also, face-cam is good. A lot of them, however, you're looking down and to the left (which is expected, based upon where you are putting the camera.) It might look even better if you could position your monitor higher, or your camera further to the right to catch the front of your face a little more.
Your presence on these videos are good. Some of them are great, yet others could definitely use more excited reactions.

And... thats all I can think of right now.

(also... your Citizen Burger Disorder video is hilarious. I might have to look into this game!)

BIGtheRED

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your branding is professional and awesome. The banner introduces everyone in a cool way and I really like it. For the intro, it is unique and awesome. Again, it looks really professional, and as for the outro, same thing. I never saw something catchy that grabbed my attention that much. I am not a big fan of intros, but yours really stands out, so good job on that!

I saw your last video, and at some point there was some echo I think. That is probably because you were on a skype call or something and in the same time you heard him in the in-game mic chat. My suggestion is to mute on of them or delete it's voice if you have your audio in multiple channels.

I am not the best out there to talk about SEO, but what I noticed is that you did not mention any keywords in your description. The first one or two lines in the description are really important because when Youtube or Google gets to rank your videos. They search those lines for keywords. For the tags, you listed all your names first, which I do not suggest. Again, the first tags you mention are the ones that google or Youtube recognises more. Not many people will search your Youtube channel unless they already know you. Put at the beginning of your tag list your main keywords then towards the end put your names, channel name or whatever you like.

That's about it for my review, I hope that I helped you! I would really love a review back on my channel, thank you! :)
Branding looks good, and I like your banner, but I feel like it could have more. There is a lot of open space to put in more eye-catching details.
Your avatar/logo is clean and simple. Tags are good. I say the channel has the basics down.

I notice you only do voice on the videos. This is fine, but I think it might help if your voice is more energetic and more reactive. If necessary, think of some clever or funny things to say that you could work into your videos.
Your microphone doesnt sound that great TBH. There are some small bumps in the recording. The mixing can be inconsistent (example, your KFC video,... volume jumps up and down). You could probably use a cleaner mic, a recording space that wont create echo/reverb, some editing to erase the extra bumps that happens occasionally, and maybe some basic mix effects on your voice track (compression, EQ, etc.)

I used to mix/record hip-hop tracks and voiceovers, so thats where my experience is coming from.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it! I'll subscribe.

Tranxify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Branding looks good, and I like your banner, but I feel like it could have more. There is a lot of open space to put in more eye-catching details.
Your avatar/logo is clean and simple. Tags are good. I say the channel has the basics down.

I notice you only do voice on the videos. This is fine, but I think it might help if your voice is more energetic and more reactive. If necessary, think of some clever or funny things to say that you could work into your videos.
Your microphone doesnt sound that great TBH. There are some small bumps in the recording. The mixing can be inconsistent (example, your KFC video,... volume jumps up and down). You could probably use a cleaner mic, a recording space that wont create echo/reverb, some editing to erase the extra bumps that happens occasionally, and maybe some basic mix effects on your voice track (compression, EQ, etc.)

I used to mix/record hip-hop tracks and voiceovers, so thats where my experience is coming from.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it! I'll subscribe.
Hello there!

Thank you a lot on the review, really helped. For the microphone, I know that it sounded meh on the KFC video. That's why I changed my way of voicing over and effects in my recent video. The Rainbow Six Siege one and the "Where CSGO Went Wrong" video. What do you think of the audio then? Did it have the same bumps and all? And I actually do equalise my audio.

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I'd love a review! :) I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my channel.

For ya'lls channel:
My first impressions are very good! The graphics are great, I really like the top banner, and incorporating your faces is a really good idea. I'd perhaps adjust the colors of the red, purple, and blue text just because it's a little tricky to read at first. (Not as easy as the yellow and green, since they're brighter and stand out more.) I'd consider, or at least try out, moving the image over or up a tad since the green one is blocked by your Twitter, but it's not a big deal.

The idea of using a recap as your auto-playing video is great too! Gives a nice overview of who you guys are and what you do, and can be renewed every month. (Unlike a channel trailer.)

I'd perhaps make a playlist that's a bit more welcoming to new visitors. Something has has a few videos that best represents what you do. I know the recap has some of that, but recaps aren't the same as full videos. I think it'd be a good idea to have both. Gives new visitors an easy place to go next after they watch the recap.

For your about page, I HIGHLY recommend moving, "Just a group of idiot friends..." to the top, since the first line of the about page is visible to people who hover over your username. I'd definitely take advantage of that!

You guys are off to a nice start though. Keep it up! :D