Status
Not open for further replies.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
wazzzup yttalkers =)

So I use the free music that youtube let's you use but I know some channels have good songs and they still monetize videos with songs we all know without any copyright issues.. are channels with like 100k have somtjhing special where they can use songs or just small channels get busted...

I could make my videos stand out sooo much if I do a sketch I could totally add a old school song that would go great with it but I avoid it cause of copyrights...

Someone said you can use ANY!! song and monetize them as long as it's under 30 seconds is this true???

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you use like 3 - 4 seconds of a song, unless it's one of the highest-grossing pop songs of recent history, I really doubt you'll ever hear about it, but even that isn't technically allowed.

The 30 second thing is a complete and total myth. Content ID already by itself tends to pick up things after 10 seconds.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
If you use like 3 - 4 seconds of a song, unless it's one of the highest-grossing pop songs of recent history, I really doubt you'll ever hear about it, but even that isn't technically allowed.

The 30 second thing is a complete and total myth. Content ID already by itself tends to pick up things after 10 seconds.
It can pick up less than 10 seconds.

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
No truth to that.
That's like saying you can eat something if it's only fallen on the ground (or s**t) after 3 seconds (3 seconds rule).

If it were true that Pepsi would have used 30 seconds of Michael Jackson's songs in their commercial and not have to pay a single cent. Copyright protects all creators regardless of how big or small of an artist you are.

You will need a license or just use free music.
Free music isn't crap music I assure you. Check mine out.

RyanH

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
As the above posters have stated, if you use copyrighted music without permission, regardless of the length or if it slips past the CID system, you are in violation of the owners copyright.

Reactions: JayManOurMusicBox

Comaxi

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you get in touch with the creator of the song (which is hard to do depending who it is) and ask them if you can use it they will most likely say yes and you will not get a claim!

GunGecko

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ive heard that you can use 30 seconds of any music even if its copyrighted.I dont know if its true and i dont want to test it out on myself and get a copyright claim.Does anyone know anything about this ? any information would be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.