2 x 10 minute Video

unitsking

Hello everyone,
I am a bit new to youtube and had a question, what is better. A 2 minute video or 10 minute video ?

Why is it better ?

Your response would be highly appreciated

Don't over thing your video's length. The run-times should match the content. If it take 2 minutes to communicate what you want to say, make a 2 minute video. If it take 10 minutes, make it 10 minutes.

If it take 2 minutes to communicate what you want to say, make a 2 minute video. If it take 10 minutes, make it 10 minutes
agree, generally I try for shorter videos but some have to be long, you can however break up a long video into smaller chunks, im experimenting with that now

It's very speculative, and under every scenario the answer is different.
A 10 minute video could take 5 times as much work as a 2 minute video. At best you could double your income. But only if everyone stays for the majority of the video.

If you made 5 videos of 2 minutes each, they would be able to hold 1 add each. = 5.
If you made 1 video of 10 minutes, it can hold 2.

I would personally not try and push a video over 10 minutes, unless my channel was very big and the video would at least reach 9,5 minutes without effort. Under these circumstances I would consider adding some B-Roll, to hit the 10 minute mark.

But to answer your last question. YES - it does make a difference in potential income. Longer videos = more work = more money.

Back