• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

2 months making videos. I was at 202 subs four days ago. Now at 300 subs (also 100k+ views)

SephiZack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started everything almost randomly. I didn't actually have the intention of doing videos regularly when I uploaded my first one.

I started making Youtube videos on the 12th February exactly 2 months ago thanks to a PS4 game called Nioh.
I posted every video I made on the Nioh subreddit and most of them got to the top of the subreddit, making the videos achieve thousands (some over 15k after they started being suggested on Home and relevant videos) of views. Thanks to that, I reached 100 subs after 3 weeks from when I started.

After that, it slowed down as people moved onto other games and I didn't make interesting videos, and reached my 200 subs milestone last week after around 6 weeks since my 100 subs.

Then Persona 5 came out and I started making video guides for the game (and again, the first one happened randomly and I had no intention of making video guides for Persona 5) and posting them on the Persona5 subreddit. All of them got to the first page of the subreddit (some at the top) and subs started coming in seriously fast (at least for my standards).

The number of views I am getting are similar to when I was making Nioh videos two months ago (in the next few days they might increase even higher), but for some reason this time more people are subbing (maybe they are more willing to sub as they see I already have a "base" of subs and videos)

The good thing about making videos everyday is that I have basically one video on top of a very active subreddit every day and if they click on the post I make instead of watching it embedded on Reddit, they see video within the Playlist of all my Persona5 guides. People see the post and watch the video, notice that in the playlist there are other guides I made and check those too (if they didn't check it the previous days), so every video I make also increases the views of the previous ones.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is how you Use Reddit in a good way!
Congratulations on getting both 300 subscribers and 100k views! Hopefully both numbers will continue to grow!
Do you play any other games?

Reactions: SephiZack

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations! That's fantastic work!

Reactions: SephiZack