11 Year old Channel: Different Niche - use it?

pidabread

Reaction score
So i know this general question has been asked before but i feel like my situation is different.

I have an 11 year old channel in the gaming niche, 1.25k subs. About 10 years ago i abandoned the channel after it got declined for monetization for reused content (call of duty clips lol). I also used to bot for fake views (before the algorithm existed) but never faked the subs.

Nowadays I’m very into health/fitness, and am considering deleting all the old vids and using this channel for the new niche. I’m worried that the people who are subbed for gaming vids will plummet the CTR and make it harder to grow. Also worried that the account is blacklisted since i used to fake views and was unable to monetize.

Anybody have any experience with this?

GoetzSaCebu

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Same with my chanel, opened it in 2006 uploaded some partyvideos and then abandoned it.
In August it just had 40subs BUT all those old videos still made views and viewing time!
Every month they generate 400-500 minutes in a channel I didnt do anything for nearly 15 years!

So justlook how your old videos are doing - and if they generate minutes than why delete them?

Just like me, start the channel NEW and se how it goes.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Just start a new channel, way easier. There is a bit of "newbie gains" to benefit from with new channels too. You get a miniscule, but potentially meaningful exposure on YT search and, to some extent, even Homepage recommendations, if you make targeted videos you know people might be interested in and there isn't too much competition for. That's how I started. My first 2-3k subscribers and 300k-400k views came from 70-80% YT search traffic. Once you get the ball rolling, you can switch to squeezing those sweet semi-viral views from the Homepage and, what I notice more recently, Sidebar recommendations.

Obviously, algo is different nowadays than in 2018 when I had my start, but some fundamentals are still the same and will probably never change. Start uploading, experiment a lot and see what works best, and keep uploading. Good luck.