Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello everyone

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, there has been an influx of spammy, poor quality threads and posts here on the forums recently. This has been due to the fact that a few mods have recently stepped down and the owner has been too busy.

Over the past few days, the owner and I have been discussing this and how it can be improved and we have agreed the following changes: Due to the owner having limited time to dedicate to YTtalk, he is delegating the day to day running of YTtalk to me so that he can concentrate on simply being the owner.

This means that as of now, my main tasks will be:

- The day-to-day forum administration and moderation
- Recruitment, training and management of the staff
- All tasks related to the smooth running of the site and community

Very briefly a bit of info about me for those of you who are new to the forums: I've been a member here for 3 years. I was a staff member (assistant and then moderator) between 2013 - 2015, working very closely with the previous owner so I have plenty of experience of being a staff member here at YTtalk.

The advantage of this change is that it will bring some much-needed order back to the site. I have a very proactive and hands-on approach to moderation and I am confident that we'll be seeing a big improvement in the state of the forums with this new organisation.

My immediate priority is "cleanup".

Tonight, I have a few administrative tasks to take care of and then as of tomorrow morning, the big clean up will commence. Expect to see very little tolerance for spam, self-promotion and posts adding no value to the forums.

I'll be creating separate threads over the next few days to remind people of the rules here. In the meantime, don't hesitate to report posts that break the rules using the red report bottom at the bottom of any offending posts.

Bugs, problems, questions etc can be posted in the site support forum ( http://yttalk.com/forums/site-support-and-suggestions.5/ )

It is both the owner's goal and my goal to quickly get YTtalk back to where it was - the best place on the interweb to have real discussion (without spam) about all things YouTube. Thanks for your patience during the recent spamtastic period. I can assure you that the worst is behind us. :D

Finally, I just want to give a shoutout to some of the previous staff members ( @Kath, @Shendijiro, @Riddikore, @JeriKane ) Cheers guys. You did a great job in very difficult circumstances. ;)

Also @Selim Keles has been doing the impossible job of keeping the place ticking as best he can with very limited resources so thanks to him too and don't worry, help is now at hand. ^^

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yay! Things are going to get better! ^-^ This place has a lot of potential, and I'm glad that we have some folks in charge who also see its potential and will help whip it back into shape. : D Thank you!! ^_^

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Good! I am sure you will do an awesome job :) You were always the best sempai (You show me the ways fo being an assistant!) ! Also xD I still appear as staff for some members since my messages keep appearing, if you can check that out for me that would be wonderful ^_^

Reactions: Crown

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations @Crown when you moderated for me you always did an excellent job of taking care of the forums and I am sure you will do just as well administrating the community, it has always been clear how much you care for YTtalk and that is exactly what the site needs. You will deserve a medal once you finish the mammoth clean up :D

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Good! I am sure you will do an awesome job :) You were always the best sempai (You show me the ways fo being an assistant!) ! Also xD I still appear as staff for some members since my messages keep appearing, if you can check that out for me that would be wonderful ^_^
I'll look into that for you today. ^^[DOUBLEPOST=1467011888][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congratulations @Crown when you moderated for me you always did an excellent job of taking care of the forums and I am sure you will do just as well administrating the community, it has always been clear how much you care for YTtalk and that is exactly what the site needs.
Ahh thanks man, that means a lot. I learned from the best, that's probably why ;)

You will deserve a medal once you finish the mammoth clean up :D

I'm just putting my rubber gloves on as I'm typing this. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.