YT vs Reddit or both?

theazkids

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to YTtalk and would love some advice on the subject. I hear great things about both but curious what your preferred method is and why. We just launched a YouTube channel last week. Our kids have been super excited about creating a channel and after a few years of hearing their pitch, we decided to jump in. Our goal is to spread our laughter and cheer for everyone to hear! :D In the end we would love to be able to make a positive impact on others all while growing as individuals.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello, and welcome to YTtalk! :) I've moved this thread to the Strategy / technique advice discussion forum. ^_^

Reactions: theazkids

Egrag

Reaction score
Both! I love both these sites, they are really cool;)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have less success with Reddit with certain things such as animations but i found vlog style doesn't do too well.
YT is great though :)

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi, so you want to post your youtube videos on Reddit? Or start a reddit community around your videos?

I do both. I have a kids channel and an Astrology channel - stop rolling your eyes! :) . My kids videos do better on YouTube and Facebook (just joined last week) vs Reddit. I'll try to post to Reddit kids groups and I get some traffic but there are a lot of rules about posting.

Whereas my astrology video on reddit got enough traffic for Youtube to start suggesting the video. I would do both...facebook too (not sure if that's frowned upon). I've been away for a while :)

Edit: I'm editing this to say that YT ranked the video not "suggested". It shows as 81% search, 8% suggested, 3%external.

Attachments

Last edited:

SimsPandy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, so you want to post your youtube videos on Reddit? Or start a reddit community around your videos?

I do both. I have a kids channel and an Astrology channel - stop rolling your eyes! :) . My kids videos do better on YouTube and Facebook (just joined last week) vs Reddit. I'll try to post to Reddit kids groups and I get some traffic but there are a lot of rules about posting.

Whereas my astrology video on reddit got enough traffic for Youtube to start suggesting the video. I would do both...facebook too (not sure if that's frowned upon). I've been away for a while :)
Would you mind explain the way you advertise your video on reddit? Just post them in relevant subreddits? I used reddit only twice so I really have no clue how to use it effectively for promotion. Thank you very much!

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Would you mind explain the way you advertise your video on reddit? Just post them in relevant subreddits? I used reddit only twice so I really have no clue how to use it effectively for promotion. Thank you very much!
Yep, that's it. Post to relevant subreddits, make sure to read the "rules" that are posted on right side of the page.
I think Facebook is a better option for kids videos but it couldn't hurt to post on different platforms.

SimsPandy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yep, that's it. Post to relevant subreddits, make sure to read the "rules" that are posted on right side of the page.
I think Facebook is a better option for kids videos but it couldn't hurt to post on different platforms.
Yes, I think it's pretty important to follow the rules, otherwise you get downvoted. I try to use Reddit for my next video, thanks for comment!

Reactions: Babygames

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Reddit is a great platform for traffic but as others have said..know the rules. I think it is also best to be active in the subreddit you are posting in.