YT taking hours to upload a video...? HELP!

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone. This is not the first time I've had this problem... Last night I tried to upload my latest vlog so I can publish it today and it took FOREVER! I went to bed because it was taking over an hour. Woke up this morning and it STILL WASN'T DONE!!! It has been stuck on 74% and says 13 minutes remaining even though it has been 2 hours since I got up and checked it. My video is only 13 minutes so it's nothing crazy and I'm uploading in 1080p. But it has been going for over 10 hours now and still isn't close. Anyone experiencing similar stuff or know how I can fix this issue? I have had 6 minute videos take over an hour before and others upload in like 20 minutes. Very frustrating... HELP! Thank you!

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
gotta be your upload speed, i uploaded a almost 20 minute long video in 3 minutes.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sometimes youtube uploads time out. Its happened to me plenty of times. It will be stuck at say 54% and go from 17 minutes until done up to 2 hours, but still not done. What you have to do is cancel the download and reupload it. The good news is your upload will start right back at the percentage it left off at. The bad news is you need to tag, and type in the description again.

Reactions: Blunt Brittany

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes youtube uploads time out. Its happened to me plenty of times. It will be stuck at say 54% and go from 17 minutes until done up to 2 hours, but still not done. What you have to do is cancel the download and reupload it. The good news is your upload will start right back at the percentage it left off at. The bad news is you need to tag, and type in the description again.
How do you cancel the download? The only option it's giving me is delete.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This can happen occasionally with YT, particularly if uploading in MP4.

Try uploading as an AVI file, this usually fixes the issue.

Also once the upload starts DO NOT do anything else on on the PC, just let it run.

Cheers Rob