YT name, yay or nay?

rourke

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm about to launch a health/lifestyle channel with a main focus on good vibes, mental health and invisible illnesses.

Which name sounds better?

1. rourke_ (my real name)
2. life after Billy
3. Billy

I had a life changing event which pushed me to appreciate the little things, I refer to it as Billy.

Reactions: Eva Jupiter

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'd use your name or something that includes your name.

A personal brand gives you the ability to grow and evolve over time.

Reactions: rourke

Eva Jupiter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey!

I'm about to launch a health/lifestyle channel with a main focus on good vibes, mental health and invisible illnesses.

Which name sounds better?

1. rourke_ (my real name)
2. life after Billy
3. Billy

I had a life changing event which pushed me to appreciate the little things, I refer to it as Billy.
I also think you should use your name it's a very interesting and unique name! :) Hope you post soon! I'm very interested in all those topics you mentioned and am very intrigued to here your story!

Reactions: rourke

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Definitely your real name. Then people can associate with you and when you say hey it's Rourke here (if you do) in your videos they'll know who you are and what channel theyre on etc. You could also argue that for that kind of videos you want a personal touch not some random guy telling you what to do etc [emoji4]

Jacquesvh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree. Rourke is unique and will help with the branding of your channel. The association of being your real name and the brand name is awesome. Do you have anything to do with Rourke Gyms in Cape Town, South Africa?

Reetae27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could implement both, in a way. You could call yourself by your name and then have your video segments called "Life After Billy," which would be cool, since it's usually hard to think of a not-horrible name for regular video titles, haha. (For me at least)

ruthven78

Reaction score
People may be confused on the Billy part thinking it is life after someone and not get the allegory