YT demonised my channel for video game reviews..Really?

RTX2080

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, I have had my account demonitised several months ago due to copyright issues, I have watched everyone of my videos and couldn't find why and with YT not being specific in telling the users exactly why its happened it makes me so angry they do this to its users.

I have only a handful of videos and one of the things that has come to mind is on the rules list it states:

Here are some types of content that are subject to copyright:

1) Audiovisual works like TV shows and movies
2) Sound recordings and musical compositions
3) Visual and written works, including paintings, posters, articles and books
4) Dramatic works such as plays and musicals
5) Video games and computer software

Number 5 is what worries me as I have done in game footage of when I have been playing online games and reviewed them and I am wondering if this is the reasons my channel was de monitised..Can anyone shed any light into this please?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is you channel name? We have a few copyright masters here that could help if they can see the content.

Reactions: NickDodd

RTX2080

Reaction score
Hi EVO, Many thanks for your reply, Here is my channel name is KG UK with a black and white logo it has diggers on it as im a digger driver. TY :)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Because you hide it - Can you advise how many subscribers you have and how many hours of watch time you have had over last 365 days?

RTX2080

Reaction score
Oh sorry about that, I have more than 3000 subs and 5000hrs of watch time in the last 365 days. Cheers

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks - Checking out your content, you have a mix of self recorded heavy plant machinery (Which is cool & fine to monetise IMO)
But the Gameplay stuff I have no experiance on. I have personally viewed monetised gameplay videos/channels but there is obviously somthing YT doesnt like. Hopefully one of our Copyright gurus will be along soon.

Reactions: RTX2080

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I checked out your gaming video. It's a video describing an "exploit" in the game. Below the video, you mention that the developers of the game didn't like that you have found an exploit and made it public:

Your comment from 9 months ago:

"Hi guys the DEVS watched this video and removed ALL our gear on the roof (Come on FFS) more limitations more control more restrictions the game is becoming so restricted eventually we will all be gaming on a flat square plane of grass FFS..This DOES still work and the reason I havnt posted how to do it is because the DEVS are watching!!!"

Maybe the devs flagged your video.

But regardless of the reasons, YouTube have a huge backlog of channels that have been demonetized and are waiting for manual review. If you browse the copyright and monetization sections of this forum, you'll see that some channels have been waiting for over 8 months. All you can do is wait.

RTX2080

Reaction score
Crown and EVO, I cant thank you both enough for your help! I really appreciate your time and making me aware of what was wrong, I have since removed the said videos and now back to just 10 I think lol I had 200+ a month ago and removed some that didnt do well and some that I wasnt sure broke the rules but thinking now I dont think they did loool.

THANKS guys I am truly greatfull and all the very best for Christmas and new year!!

Keith.

Reactions: Crown

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@RTX2080

Posting videos with game exploits the existence of which are unapproved by the game devs themselves, come under a special and little known to most creators, copyright clause known as "Circumvention of Technological Measures".

This is a blanket-basket created to hold such things as: cheats, which used to be common in games but now seem to be a strict no-no; "code-holes" or other exploits; hacks, cracks, and other forms of piracy.

In extreme cases, channels can be terminated for "Spam, scams, and deceptive commercial content" when caught in this net.

RTX2080

Reaction score
"UKHypnotist" A very intresting point there that I wasnt aware of thanks for that.