YT Channel Trailers

TheBattProductions

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey everyone,

Although my channel has earned some pretty decent steam in the past few months, I haven't made a channel trailer.

I don't really see the value in one, but do you think it makes THAT much of a difference to make one for new subscribers?

Has anyone seen a noticeable improvement in views/subs/engagement with a trailer?

Any input would be helpful :). Thank you!

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I think channel trailers are pretty nice to just have there.

At the same time I never really check out the trailers lol I just go straight for the video tab.

:p I would say just make one and see how it goes. I am actually making mine as we speak.

Glad your channel is picking up steam man! Hope it stays going strong!

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's hard to measure if a trailer really ads to your channel. I have some subs from my trailer but who knows if it were more if I used one of my videos?
In my eyes a trailer gives you the chance to hook a visitor hard by showing him the best of the best (with honours sir) and telling him what the message of your channel is better than you could do with any other video.

PocketPaul

PocketGamer & Professional Rambler
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

Although my channel has earned some pretty decent steam in the past few months, I haven't made a channel trailer.

I don't really see the value in one, but do you think it makes THAT much of a difference to make one for new subscribers?

Has anyone seen a noticeable improvement in views/subs/engagement with a trailer?

I was thinking about this! Thank you for addressing it.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey everyone,

I always skip trailer. I just don't see the point (yes, I know, you can tell everybody your name). I prefer to give the best of my videos instead, not the regular trailer.

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Hey everyone,

I just use one of my already uploaded videos to feature as my channel trailer. I don't really care to upload an actual channel trailer because your content (especially in the moment) will speak more than your channel trailer. Plus, you end up wanting to update it every now and again like a profile pic to show any changes to the channel and such. I personally go to the videos tab, but depending on the featured video, I will actually watch the trailer before going to the videos tab. Either way, you're getting views because of people going to your channel and it autoplays the video if they're new to your channel/unsubscribed. If you don't have autoplays selected, then it really won't matter, unless people will actually click on the video before going to the videos tab.

Comaxi

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
you might aswell make 1 i think!

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think channel trailer is good to improve audience first impression about your channel and so to convince them for sub.

it depends on you and how you think.

JZilla1995

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I saw great advice from The Frugal Filmmaker about this. Channel Trailers are a little meh, so what he suggested doing is rotating your channel trailer with one of the videos you already have uploaded to your channel. This way, they get content that you're likely uploading and get a good feel for what kind of channel you have. I go with this method, and my subs changed about the same as when I had a normal Channel Trailer.

Sifoutv Pottery

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of the big channels on Youtube doesnt have a youtube trailer.But i am not quite sure about this.I have make a youtube trailer but i havent see any diference on the new subscribers that can get this one.