YPP Disabled due to invalid activity... wait, what?

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
The thing is; something about you and/or your activity has raised a red flag that Adsense do not want you to have an Adsense account as they think you having one puts advertisers at risk.
You need to work out what might have led them to that conclusion - either rightly or wrongly, and craft an appeal around that.
Adsense are not going to give you anymore information than they already have.
It could be mistaken idnentity; it could be there is a banned account from the same IP; could be the traffic pattern, etc etc

Appeal; if that fails, then that means at least TWO Adsense staff have looked at it and agreed that there is a problem.

Veecharlie

Reaction score
The thing is; something about you and/or your activity has raised a red flag that Adsense do not want you to have an Adsense account as they think you having one puts advertisers at risk.
You need to work out what might have led them to that conclusion - either rightly or wrongly, and craft an appeal around that.
Adsense are not going to give you anymore information than they already have.
It could be mistaken idnentity; it could be there is a banned account from the same IP; could be the traffic pattern, etc etc

Appeal; if that fails, then that means at least TWO Adsense staff have looked at it and agreed that there is a problem.
I don't know what to say. That's why I'm asking help.. I have no more idea where to look for what they are looking for... and in case to appeal, my concern is to show them what they want to see. I know they will refuse it if they don't find a clear reason. Me telling them I have done nothing wrong, won't help me.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I have no more idea where to look for what they are looking for
That is the problem. They will tell you nothing more than what they have aready tell you.
They cite prppriety detection systems/methods as the reason for not gving you any more info.

We can certianly speculate on the range of issues.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think the most common reason for that is the invalid traffic -- someone clicking on the ads just so the creator earns money. It can happen completely out of your control, which stinks. We're all supposed to monitor our earnings and report when we think someone is artificially clicking on the ads.

I'm not sure about this, but I'd imagine buying views may also cause problems since maybe those fake views watched the ads in full (It's also against YouTube's ToS)... It doesn't have to be you who bought the views--it could have been somebody else.

If I were you, I'd really dig into your analytics and try to identify any weird activity. It's strange that you see this with 0 euro earnings,but it could be that they caught it before hand, or something else about the channel raised a red flag....

Veecharlie

Reaction score
I think the most common reason for that is the invalid traffic -- someone clicking on the ads just so the creator earns money. It can happen completely out of your control, which stinks. We're all supposed to monitor our earnings and report when we think someone is artificially clicking on the ads.

I'm not sure about this, but I'd imagine buying views may also cause problems since maybe those fake views watched the ads in full (It's also against YouTube's ToS)... It doesn't have to be you who bought the views--it could have been somebody else.

If I were you, I'd really dig into your analytics and try to identify any weird activity. It's strange that you see this with 0 euro earnings,but it could be that they caught it before hand, or something else about the channel raised a red flag....
That's the only thing I could think of yes. Do you have any idea if Adsense has these kind of analytics? In case yes, I might be screwed by never have logged in. I'm meanwhile monitoring the youtube ones, see if anything weird comes up...

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think the most common reason for that is the invalid traffic -- someone clicking on the ads just so the creator earns money.
Yeah I agree with that. This is the reason most of the time.

@Veecharlie - Have you been talking about your YT channel to friends and family or to people online? Did you tell them that you earn money when someone clicks on your ads? They might have started clicking on lots of ads thinking they were helping you out. Adsense has algorithms that detects abnormal click rates for ads and over a certain threshold they consider it to be fraud because advertisers are having to pay for those clicks.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
@Veecharlie - you said earlier in this thread that monetization on your channel is not activated and that you did not have an adsense acccout associated with a website, so it is NOT due to invalid traffic. Now you saying this:
That's the only thing I could think of yes. Do you have any idea if Adsense has these kind of analytics? In case yes, I might be screwed by never have logged in. I'm meanwhile monitoring the youtube ones, see if anything weird comes up...
Your story is changing.
Have you been talking about your YT channel to friends and family or to people online? Did you tell them that you earn money when someone clicks on your ads? They might have started clicking on lots of ads thinking they were helping you out. Adsense has algorithms that detects abnormal click rates for ads and over a certain threshold they consider it to be fraud because advertisers are having to pay for those clicks.
They originally posted that:
I have 1071 subscribers today, around half the watch time needed for activating monetization.
So its can't be a traffic issue if monetization not on!

Reactions: Crown

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't know what to say. That's why I'm asking help.. I have no more idea where to look for what they are looking for... and in case to appeal, my concern is to show them what they want to see. I know they will refuse it if they don't find a clear reason. Me telling them I have done nothing wrong, won't help me.
That is the amazing thing...
You have to defend yourself against whatever it is they said you did. But - they won't say what you did? The system is complete insanity, but it is the only system we have.

Reactions: Veecharlie

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So its can't be a traffic issue if monetization not on!
Yeah you're right, something doesn't add up here. The screenshots showing "monetization has been disabled due to invalid click activity" and the wording of Youtube's email in the other screenshot seems to imply that monetization was on but has now been disabled but OP is saying that monetization wasn't approved. :unsure:

The only other explanation is - Since OP does drum covers, there are probably ads on some of her vids (due to being claimed by the copyright owners) and YT has detected abnormal click activity on those ads and linked that activity back to OP either directly or indirectly and taken action. Other than that, something is a bit weird here.

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with that. This is the reason most of the time.

@Veecharlie - Have you been talking about your YT channel to friends and family or to people online? Did you tell them that you earn money when someone clicks on your ads? They might have started clicking on lots of ads thinking they were helping you out. Adsense has algorithms that detects abnormal click rates for ads and over a certain threshold they consider it to be fraud because advertisers are having to pay for those clicks.
No, they don't understand what a youtuber is lol, and about my friends... well everyone knows it but I doubt they would do that, as nobody really has much interest on it... I also always repeat them I don't monetize so (that's the first thing they always ask)..