YPP Disabled due to invalid activity... wait, what?

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So two days ago something REALLY CREEPY happened. I received an email, stating that I violated the Adsense-YPP with invalid activity. If I would have done that, I would not be writing this post. But, I spent already 3 days like an idiot trying to find what I did wrong, asking several experts and ending up with the same answer, there's nothing I can do. I have read again and again the terms and conditions of Adsense, especially about invalid activity, and I cannot find any, nor I would be so stupid to ever click on my own ad or buy subs/views, whatever.
I have 1071 subscribers today, around half the watch time needed for activating monetization. I did verify my account with YouTube, and did prepare my account to be monetization ready, but I further never used Adsense. I also don't have another website linked to it, neither I would have the moral or any other reason for me to violate their policy. (like if I would on purpose click on my own ads, that I don't even have because I don't monetize).

I, first of all, would never cheat on YouTube. I clearly understand this does not help me in any way nor my channel, neither I am a person of cheating.

I have tried to search different reasons why this could happen, an accident (? seems unlikely, also because the past month I have been with so much work I'd be very few time watching videos and have not uploaded any since. I have also filled in a sabotage Adsense form, but did not receive any answer yet nor confirmation email.
I also don't have any other Adsense emails except for that disabling email and an email requesting a change in February, which if I remember well, was when I was finishing registering for the YPP.
Since then, I never logged in into Adsense. I simply don't need it.

I'm very confused, this is the first time something so weird ever happened to me and I make sure every content I make is advertiser-friendly, YouTube friendly, copyright friendly and all the thing behind it. I feel my work being thrown away, with injustice. I wonder if there could be a possibility to get somehow hacked on Adsense, without a google notification of it. I can't think of anything else.
I also filled in an adsense forum post. Result... only one guy answering to appeal. I surely have to appeal, but knowing they will reject my appeal if I don't provide them enough information, I'm scared to do so and honestly have no idea what to show them as I have done nothing wrong.

Any ideas to who to reach out from Adsense? Any ideas how to solve this? Any idea how to best appeal this?
Thanks a lot in advance.

4rtgyhj.png34rt5yhu6.pngactivity.pngefrgtrhy.pngrtyh.pngwerty.png

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
If your AdSense account has been disabled for invalid activity, a successful appeal at the link below is the only way to reinstate it.

If you were with an MCN when the disablement occurred, speak to them to find out if you are eligible for an appeal.

In either case, simply saying that you don't know what happened, or that you did nothing wrong will cause your appeal to fail, and you only get one chance to appeal. You therefore must tell AdSense how the invalid traffic happened, and what you intend to do to prevent it happening again.

I suggest you thoroughly read the article below before appealing, to have your best chance of success.

Unfortunately, if you have appealed already and your appeal was denied, you are not allowed further participation in the AdSense Programme; and so are forbidden to create a new account.

Veecharlie

Reaction score
If your AdSense account has been disabled for invalid activity, a successful appeal at the link below is the only way to reinstate it.

If you were with an MCN when the disablement occurred, speak to them to find out if you are eligible for an appeal.

In either case, simply saying that you don't know what happened, or that you did nothing wrong will cause your appeal to fail, and you only get one chance to appeal. You therefore must tell AdSense how the invalid traffic happened, and what you intend to do to prevent it happening again.

I suggest you thoroughly read the article below before appealing, to have your best chance of success.

Unfortunately, if you have appealed already and your appeal was denied, you are not allowed further participation in the AdSense Programme; and so are forbidden to create a new account.
Thanks for your help, yes exactly, that's why I'm afraid of appealing because I could not find anything wrong with the activity in my channel, and totally agree that saying I'm innocent, even if it's true, does not help. My issue is mostly how to make the right appeal. Seen this issue is with Adsense, I would assume that showing them my stats and monetization does not help me either.

Veecharlie

Reaction score
What about this though, what if someone else clicked on the only two videos are monetized by the claimant themselves? (a drum cover and a guitar cover video)

How do I know they did it?ergthy.png

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Is this potentially the issue:

"If someone related to me creates an AdSense account, will their account be disabled as well?
If we determine that a related publisher's account might pose a risk to our Google Ads advertisers, we may disable it to protect our advertisers' interests."

Do you have a family member who was banned?

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Is this potentially the issue:

"If someone related to me creates an AdSense account, will their account be disabled as well?
If we determine that a related publisher's account might pose a risk to our Google Ads advertisers, we may disable it to protect our advertisers' interests."

Do you have a family member who was banned?
That's a good one, but I don't think so.. chances are really unlikely. I don't live in the same country as my (entire) family, I don't have brothers/sisters, I don't have children and also not married. Also no one of my close family has a creator youtube channel either..

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
The thing to remember is that "invalid activity" = "you having an account poses to high a risk to advertisers for us to let you have an account"
It is just not related to traffic patterns or clicking on own ads.

Veecharlie

Reaction score
The thing to remember is that "invalid activity" = "you having an account poses to high a risk to advertisers for us to let you have an account"
It is just not related to traffic patterns or clicking on own ads.
? I'm not following you.. could you explain, please?

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Are there any other issues in your past that may make Google suspicious of you? Any dodgy business practices?

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Are there any other issues in your past that may make Google suspicious of you? Any dodgy business practices?
wow. That's quite weird. No, not at all. My account is also not related to any business other than myself being a musician.
I have another company, it's a startup in the aviation. It's completely unrelated to youtube, but it's heavily controlled by EASA and our investors. I'm also the accountable manager, which means that I'm the ultimate responsible for the operation's safety, financial ability to perform the training and compliance of regulations. I hope that says enough about me and how my job could cut my head if I don't play clean. It's also not linked to any adsense or whatsoever, we only have a facebook page and linkedin for now. I was planning to make a youtube channel next year but seen this issue I might think twice about it.
Do I need to send them a statement of the police that I have never had any criminal offense... ? (that far?)

Last edited: