YouTubing in a foreign language ?

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
I would like to know your opinion what in case if someone who started to publish in English after a few months would like to change language and create in native language in order to focus on the audience of his/her country? How to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Cartoonist
I'm from Serbia and I do clips in English. A lot of people said that they dig the accent, but I need to mention a caveat, very few people would comment if it was jarring. :D

Reactions: videoeditgr

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
  1. Vlogger
Me personally it doesn’t matter if a YouTuber is a native speaker or not as long as I can for the most part understand them. If the video quality is good I’ll stick around. If the quality is crap I’ll bounce. But it doesn’t matter to me where the YouTuber came from if they have good quality content

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
  1. Cartoonist
I think it's important to do what feels the most comfortable for you. You can always do a trial run of a few videos in your native language and just see how it goes. You can also create English subtitles for those who speak English and would like to watch your videos. Since your channel is a makeup channel, and therefore mostly visual anyway users of any language can see what you are doing and get something out of your content. :) Good luck!

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
  2. Vlogger
  3. Gamer
  4. Commentator
  5. Other
If I were to make videos in my native language, (which I do) I would make a seperate channel.
It would be counter productive to have two different languages on the same channel.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Other
There are two tools available in Youtube. Closed captions (subtitles) and (Title description) translation. So you can add titles description and subtitles to any language you use. As a non noative English person, usually prefer to hear even not really fluent english speakers than another language e.g. german and reading subtitles. Notice that translation tool (tab) in every video, is automated. If a person using your language see your video e.g. in suggested, he/she will have the native language title desscription displayed. Else the English one.

:)