YouTube's rules about profanity in relation to monetization

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to avoid swearing in my videos for a few reasons: 1. I'm trying to turn what I do into a business and I feel like that's bad business. 2. I try to make my videos attractive to people of all ages and I think that would have a few angry parents if I had a profanity laced string of videos. That being said, imI sure there's going to be some slip ups along the way. Didn't catch it in editing or what have you. I would hope YouTube would have some leniency there. I did see that video the last time I was in Creator Studio .

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Question, lets say we use profanity in certain videos that aren't monetized. Can we still get monetization from the videos without profanity, or does the WHOLE channel have to be clean?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
True story: -- I once got a comment saying "Nice video but I didn't like the profanity." - I had said the word "damn" in the video lol. What is wrong with people always looking to be offended? ^^
I don’t really see the word damn as bad word. Now if you’re say f this and that every five seconds then yeah I can see how youtube doesn’t want that.

Reactions: Crown

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
My channel is about trucking. We are not known for our extensive vocabularies. I live in a box for 4 weeks at a time. So when the camera is on anything goes. I haven't been demonetized on anything yet but I totally get it if it happens.

Reactions: Crown