YouTube's rules about profanity in relation to monetization

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YouTube is clarifying its policies around profanity, and how using swear words affects monetization.

YouTube says it takes three main factors into account when making a judgement about ad-friendliness:
  1. The title,
  2. The thumbnail
  3. How often profanity is used at the beginning of a video (ie close to when an ad would play).
Everything is explained in their video.

Official video by YouTube:

Help article:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9194476

_______

Thoughts ?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan bleep bleep bleeep bleeeeeeeeeep. Honestly this does not apply to me but sounds bad for the other tuber so it sucks

I don't really believe this much. I watch AVGN all the time he swears way too much and still has monetization.

I am pretty careful not to swear when recording, there was one video I let a few fly figured id be cutting that whole section out anyway when editing but then when I was editing I thought it was kind of funny so I used it but I cut the audio out on the actual swear words.

True story: -- I once got a comment saying "Nice video but I didn't like the profanity." - I had said the word "damn" in the video lol. What is wrong with people always looking to be offended? ^^
Wow that sucks

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

I don't really curse that much in my videos but that video is REALLY cringy. Hate to be other youtubers though.

That doesn’t make sense to me. Am I allowed to swear as much as I want as long as I wait a couple minutes before I start?
I just seems like a guideline that is neither clear nor reduce profanity.

Back