Youtubes New 10k Ransom Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it but I don't see the point. It's not like once you hit 10K views you become a responsible YouTuber.

As for the money, it's not like your going to be missing out on that new boat if you have under 10K views. Now it will just take a little longer to hit the $100 threshold to cash out and you will miss out on around $15-$20.

Reactions: Xaegoba

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So the new rule that YouTube is enforcing is that you must have 10k lifetime views on your channel before you can make any money, supposedly this is to prevent unmonitored videos that have very inappropriate content from getting money.. I'm currently a very small channel and so far (even though it's not a lot) I've made around 40 cents total but now I can't make anything until I hit that marker.. Right now making money on YouTube isn't my goal but it still sucks... What's your opinion on the matter?
@Xaegoba - There is already a pinned "hot-topic" in red at the top of the forum discussing this. - http://yttalk.com/threads/youtube-no-longer-allow-monetizing-channels-under-10-000-views.257416/

Status
Not open for further replies.