Youtube's Copyright Survey

KidHeartless

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer
50% hogwash nonsense. YouTube is fully capable of creating an algorythm to determine the overall value to the presentation of infringing content. 50% is nowhere near a fair arrangement for how sensitive ContentID is and how small a portion of content it will automatch against.
pretty sure 50% will likely no be the amount used.....the companies will likely receive at least 60%

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
pretty sure 50% will likely no be the amount used.....the companies will likely receive at least 60%
ContentID will match against a 10 second audio clip in a 15 minute long video and give all of the revenue to the owner of the 10 second clip. That they don't have a porportional use division of revenue system in place is pathetic.

PChanger

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Did anyone else take that copyright survey? It was asking some questions that leads me to believe more changes are coming that might favor the quality content creators. The biggest question asked was a list of if we could only choose one option, which would we pick....I forgot the options but the main two I sat & thought about was "Remove the 3-strike rule" or "Pay 50% of claimed copyright ad revenue to continue using claimed media"......

Anyone else receive this survey? Any thoughts?
that 50% thing sounds amazing! I would go for that one def!