Channel Type
Guru

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Communication and transparency is important to them, but I think a lot of creators are still upset and wondering why their video notifications aren't going out to all of their subscribers. It seems kind of odd that YouTube had introduced the whole "click the bell' thing to receive notifications instead of having people just subscribe.... I kind of wish they'd make a video about that....

But their new tools sound interesting! I like the education channel promotion idea! There are a lot of good education channels out there that could use some more recognition. :)

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The bell isn't working half the time because they want to suppress the viewpoints that they don't agree with. I can't stand this woman. It's so TRANSPARENT that she hates viewpoints that don't go along with hers and those channels suffer for it.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
An important message from YouTube's CEO:

She highlights 5 main areas of focus:

1. Transparency and Communication
2. Supporting your success
3. Giving people more ways to engage
4. Tightening and enforcing our policies
5. Learning and education

Video version:

Full text version:
1. Transparency and Communication............(I doubt how much they can actually be transparent about)
2. Supporting your success ...........................(a couple of monetization ways all for top youtubers )
3. Giving people more ways to engage .........( seeing some beta test on a chatting box on youtube plus hashtags coming)
4. Tightening and enforcing our policies.......( the new copyright tool ...how much they can do with this is also limited)
5. Learning and education .................................(?)

My point of view

Communication and transparency is important to them, but I think a lot of creators are still upset and wondering why their video notifications aren't going out to all of their subscribers. It seems kind of odd that YouTube had introduced the whole "click the bell' thing to receive notifications instead of having people just subscribe.... I kind of wish they'd make a video about that....

But their new tools sound interesting! I like the education channel promotion idea! There are a lot of good education channels out there that could use some more recognition. :)
"video notifications aren't going out to all of their subscribers" Youtube has actually been transparent about the fact that they don't send notification to all subscribers with reasons that some creators upload way to frequently and subscribers were complaining of being overwhelmed....Instead of letting it and make viewers to either unsubscribe or unclick the notification bell, youtube decided to start sending video notifications only to those who are engaging on your channel.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Wasn't much to unpack from the video. Lots of talking points that aren't all too interesting to most creators. That said, YouTube is still the platform that gives video creators the largest reach for no cost. Not much to complain about if you actually want to be successful.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Every time new things roll out it has nothing to do with those that have less than 100K subscribers. This is the way a business operates and people have to start to realize that. If you are below 100K it is unlikely YouTube is your main source of income, and also very unlikely that you are making the platform any money. As a result they will always cater to those that are proven to make good money on the platform and increase their options of making a living for themselves.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Every time new things roll out it has nothing to do with those that have less than 100K subscribers. This is the way a business operates and people have to start to realize that. If you are below 100K it is unlikely YouTube is your main source of income, and also very unlikely that you are making the platform any money. As a result they will always cater to those that are proven to make good money on the platform and increase their options of making a living for themselves.
Point taken....but I still think they should look for ways to motivate small youtubers