Youtubers that smoke

gigceez

Reaction score
What do you guys think of youtubers that smoke, and what do you think about them smoking in video's?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its up to them really if they smoke in their videos and outside of their videos, I used to be a heavy smoker and if I still smoked I would probably light up in a video if I really needed one and I found that it was appropriate. For me personally it would depend on the niche, professional marketing videos and smoking in them I could never see myself doing back when I smoked but a daily vlog I wouldnt care about.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't judge people for their bad habits. We all have some bad habits. I'm cool with it. I think its wrong if they advertise it in their videos even though we're all responsible for our decisions but ya know how it affects younger people.

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
I think it's their right if they want to smoke or not.
For a 15 year old, I think smoking is bad! But I only smoke on school, but when I'm at home, I don't, I know that when I'm stuck infront of the computer I would probably stop smoking because I'd be more focused on my computer and would be too lazy to go outside and buy one.

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
For a 15 year old, I think smoking is bad! But I only smoke on school, but when I'm at home, I don't, I know that when I'm stuck infront of the computer I would probably stop smoking because I'd be more focused on my computer and would be too lazy to go outside and buy one.
My point was that people shouldn't be judged or banned from YouTube for smoking, that's all. As to if it's good or bad, and at what age ... that's an entirely different debate.

Reactions: Kira.Yamaguchi

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I ......I am ashamed to say that I am a smoker. But I personally will never smoke on camera. It is not something that I like to broadcast or let people know about. Many people are surprised when they find out I smoke. In regards to Youtubers smoking...I think it's their choice. But if you're a big Youtuber with a large following, many of them being young and impressionable, I would hope that they wouldn't. I would never encourage smoking as I absolutely hate it :/

mouseinsneakers

real life rodentia
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it depends if that person considers them self a role model or not. If the youtuber has a huge audience which consists mainly of younger viewers, I would be shocked to see them smoking on screen to be honest.

Reactions: JeriKane

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I ......I am ashamed to say that I am a smoker. But I personally will never smoke on camera. It is not something that I like to broadcast or let people know about. Many people are surprised when they find out I smoke. In regards to Youtubers smoking...I think it's their choice. But if you're a big Youtuber with a large following, many of them being young and impressionable, I would hope that they wouldn't. I would never encourage smoking as I absolutely hate it :/
Damn, it didn't work out then? :(

I'm a non-smoker butI don't see the issue from a morals point of view which I think is the question here. Like the others said, it's the person's right if they want to smoke or not on camera. Having said that, if it was a Vlog talking to the camera kind of video, then I would probably find it a bit annoying / distracting seeing (and hearing) the person stopping every few seconds to take a drag on the cigarette. In the same way, it would be mildly annoying if they were slurping on a cup of coffee or something lol. But other than that, from a health / morals point of view, it wouldn't bother me at all.

If the issue is that parents are concerned that young children are going to be influenced by it, then maybe they shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.