Youtubers taking advantage of other Youtubers?

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, I have kind of an interesting topic today, and I want to know your opinions!

In my time as a dedicated youtuber ( actually working to better my content ), I've seen lots of shoutout videos asking people to subscribe, like, and comment to be entered into their shout out series. Now, I have mixed opinions on this.

I believe shout outs, can be extremely helpful to a small youtuber who's not really getting the recognition he/she deserves. It will bring their content to new and potential viewers!

However, I think "shout out series" do not help, and in all honesty are a scam. ( Most of them ). I see tons of time where youtubers ask you to subscribe, jump through a hoop, and donate your left kidney just to get a shout out. I personally believe they only do these shout outs to take advantage of these small channels who will subscribe. They aren't really trying to help, just get that extra subscriber. This leads to my next point.

These shoutouts are given to EVERYONE. I've seen channels with hardly any work put into them, get a shoutout for their "amazing" content. And more often than not, it's these types of channels that get the shoutout. Now, there may be a good channel or two in there, but they are quickly swallowed by the sea of channels with no effort put into them.

Also, even if every channel is deserving, a lot of times, they won't gain any subscribers? Why? Because half the time, the people watching are tired of having all these channels crammed down their throats. I think shoutouts are best used conservatively and when a channel REALLY deserves it.

What do you guys think?

DaRealApollo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Shout outs on their own for people who did something cool or helpful to deserve it are useful and are helpful to attract new viewers to that person. Shout out series are useless because they have an "everybody's perfect so nobody is" type effect to them.

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Shout outs on their own for people who did something cool or helpful to deserve it are useful and are helpful to attract new viewers to that person. Shout out series are useless because they have an "everybody's perfect so nobody is" type effect to them.
Thanks for the reply! Yea, I completely agree. Channels that truly deserve them, usually don't ask for them :) At least the one or two that I've given. I've asked to feature them in my video.

Anderson

Lets Have FUN!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I completely agree with you both! In another perspective ill just consider those types of videos a type of spam fest, just throwing channels left and right without even them, themselves checking them out to see if they actually deserve it. Kudos to those who deserve it that mostly do it for fun and get flattered for being selected and not ask for a feature as a desperate measure.

Reactions: RodakTV

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I completely agree with you both! In another perspective ill just consider those types of videos a type of spam fest, just throwing channels left and right without even them, themselves checking them out to see if they actually deserve it. Kudos to those who deserve it that mostly do it for fun and get flattered for being selected and not ask for a feature as a desperate measure.
I agree! It just kinda bothers me that there's a hidden motive behind these sereies :(. Thank you for your opinion :)

Reactions: Anderson

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, I have kind of an interesting topic today, and I want to know your opinions!

In my time as a dedicated youtuber ( actually working to better my content ), I've seen lots of shoutout videos asking people to subscribe, like, and comment to be entered into their shout out series. Now, I have mixed opinions on this.

I believe shout outs, can be extremely helpful to a small youtuber who's not really getting the recognition he/she deserves. It will bring their content to new and potential viewers!

However, I think "shout out series" do not help, and in all honesty are a scam. ( Most of them ). I see tons of time where youtubers ask you to subscribe, jump through a hoop, and donate your left kidney just to get a shout out. I personally believe they only do these shout outs to take advantage of these small channels who will subscribe. They aren't really trying to help, just get that extra subscriber. This leads to my next point.

These shoutouts are given to EVERYONE. I've seen channels with hardly any work put into them, get a shoutout for their "amazing" content. And more often than not, it's these types of channels that get the shoutout. Now, there may be a good channel or two in there, but they are quickly swallowed by the sea of channels with no effort put into them.

Also, even if every channel is deserving, a lot of times, they won't gain any subscribers? Why? Because half the time, the people watching are tired of having all these channels crammed down their throats. I think shoutouts are best used conservatively and when a channel REALLY deserves it.

What do you guys think?
I totally agree man, i get a few people with more subs than me comment on my vids asking for me to enter a shoutout series. I used to subscribe to those people when i had few subs, and most of the time they don't help a channel out. Despite this, i got a shoutout once and gained like 10 subs who seem like nice guys and enjoy my content. I just ignore the messages now, as most people in the comment section in shoutout videos are just there for self-gain

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I totally agree man, i get a few people with more subs than me comment on my vids asking for me to enter a shoutout series. I used to subscribe to those people when i had few subs, and most of the time they don't help a channel out. Despite this, i got a shoutout once and gained like 10 subs who seem like nice guys and enjoy my content. I just ignore the messages now, as most people in the comment section in shoutout videos are just there for self-gain
Yea, if I made a shoutout series, I would ask the channels that I wanted to put in for that episode if they mind having their channel shouted out! But I'm not going to dedicate an entire series just to shoutouts, I don't want my viewers getting annoyed with me ramming so many channels down their throats.

Makoo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TBH i agree with you i cant stand seeing souless shout outs if the content im being sent to isnt to good quality, but then again some channels do not get the attention they deserve and its always good to have a shove in the right direction even if that does mean getting someone else to shout you out.

yo but for real gimme a shout out i'll sub to you with 4 accounts :p
(sarcasm btw)

Reactions: RodakTV

Anderson

Lets Have FUN!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea, if I made a shoutout series, I would ask the channels that I wanted to put in for that episode if they mind having their channel shouted out! But I'm not going to dedicate an entire series just to shoutouts, I don't want my viewers getting annoyed with me ramming so many channels down their throats.
Of course! I mean your fans will just see through it and probably just start seeing you as a candidate in which theyll use you in order to grow, if not they wont bother looking at the content you work hard on. itll then become a shoutout4sub or watch kind of deal and thatll suck![DOUBLEPOST=1444594102,1444593927][/DOUBLEPOST]
TBH i agree with you i cant stand seeing souless shout outs if the content im being sent to isnt to good quality, but then again some channels do not get the attention they deserve and its always good to have a shove in the right direction even if that does mean getting someone else to shout you out.

(sarcasm btw)
That sarcasm is basically what those people probably do Lol #truth! - also that made me laugh xD

Reactions: Makoo

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

(sarcasm btw)
I see that way to often xD Sub to me for a shoutout, and you'll gain 500000000000 subscribers. I feel bad for those who fall prey to it tho.

Reactions: Anderson and Makoo