YouTubers promoting cheating..........

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
YouTube stars are paid to convince millions of young followers to cheat at school by getting 'super smart nerds' in Ukraine to do their homework

YouTube stars have been accused of promoting cheating at schools and universities after promoting essay writing services on their popular channels.

Children are being encouraged by the stars to use the work of 'super smart nerds' in Ukraine, rather than do their own homework. Some of those who have marketed the services have millions of followers.

EduBirdie, a Ukranian company, can be enlisted to 'help' students all over the world by doing their work for them.

A BBC investigation found more than 250 channels are promoting EduBirdie through adverts or verbal endorsement.

Sam Gyimah, Universities Minister for England, told the BBC action should be taken immediately.

He said: 'It's clearly wrong because it is enabling and normalising cheating potentially on an industrial scale.

'I think YouTube has a huge responsibility here. They do incredibly well from the advertising revenue that they get from the influencers and everyone else.

'But this is something that is corrosive to education.'
YouTuber Drewsif Gilchrist - known as DrewIsSharing is said to have endorsed EduBirdie

YouTuber Drewsif Gilchrist - known as DrewIsSharing is said to have endorsed EduBirdie

The BBC Trending investigation discovered more than 1,400 videos more than 700 million views containing EduBirdie adverts.

British YouTuber Drewsif Gilchrist - known as DrewIsSharing was paid £250 by EduBirdie to share information about the service with his 133,000 followers.

Drew said YouTube has made it increasingly difficult for vloggers to earn a proper wage – leaving them with no option but to consider all offers for endorsement.

Drew told MailOnline: 'From 500,000 - 1,000,000 views per month I used to make $1000 - $2000 every month. So with that and live streaming I could sustain a decent living.

'YouTube has recently started demonetising content which i'm sure you've heard about. This has actually made me start earning only $50 from 500,000 views.

'I have to accept almost every sponsorship offer I get because if I don't, I wont make my rent payment anymore.'

(For the whole article, click the links below)

Sources and full articles:

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-43956001
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5679837/Teen-YouTube-stars-paid-convince-millions-young-followers-cheat.html

Anyone considering giving up their jobs for YouTube should take note! It's increasingly difficult to earn decent money from Youtube but I don't think that's an excuse to endorse sites like that.

Thoughts?

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Drew said YouTube has made it increasingly difficult for vloggers to earn a proper wage – leaving them with no option but to consider all offers for endorsement.

Drew told MailOnline: 'From 500,000 - 1,000,000 views per month I used to make $1000 - $2000 every month. So with that and live streaming I could sustain a decent living.

'YouTube has recently started demonetising content which i'm sure you've heard about. This has actually made me start earning only $50 from 500,000 views.

'I have to accept almost every sponsorship offer I get because if I don't, I wont make my rent payment anymore.'
People like him really annoy me, it's no excuse advertising something unethical just to pay rent. There's Patreon, merch and a whole load of other monetisation options other than adsense and sponsorships so what he's saying is nonsense. Also I'm pretty sure that he could easily get other sponsorships if he reached out to companies. People like him are giving us all a bad name.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
People like him really annoy me, it's no excuse advertising something unethical just to pay rent. There's Patreon, merch and a whole load of other monetisation options other than adsense and sponsorships so what he's saying is nonsense. Also I'm pretty sure that he could easily get other sponsorships if he reached out to companies. People like him are giving us all a bad name.

Yeah, his excuse is ridiculous. I'd have more respect for him if he just owned it. If Youtube isn't paying his rent, then he should get a job. ^^

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like you said I don't think it is a good excuse to endorse things like companies that help students cheat, and other immoral things. It is on content creators to no put all their eggs in one basket or even just two. Things like merch and patreons are a great way to earn money other ways besides just ad revenue. People even write books and sell them. But idk people will always make excuses for their own junk choices in life and try and avoid agreeing to it being their own fault.[DOUBLEPOST=1525266634,1525265262][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, his excuse is ridiculous. I'd have more respect for him if he just owned it. If Youtube isn't paying his rent, then he should get a job. ^^
lol yeah people are weird

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely, thing is he doesn't even have to get a regular job at his channel size, there is so much that he could do.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
He reminds me of the people who figure they can get away with uploading copyrighted material. They just rationalize their way around the fact that it's wrong and illegal, because they "want to".

These people are morons.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well i don't think 'corrosive to education' would apply here in the UK as it's appalling anyway. Do we even need school now post 11years? theres nothing they can learn that they can't find out themselves in about in about 5 seconds on their smart device. Staffed by emotionally damaged self important merchants of oppression so called teachers- victims of bullying in their own childhood who are more concerned with sending children home for wearing the wrong shoes or for thinking for themselves. Its just a process of conditioning young people's thinking over an 18 years dirty sales pitch into believing that they must to go a pretend university (poly tech renamed) to have any hope of a future.. which is just about keeping unemployment figures down. Therein they will study for a completely ridiculous obscure degree ranging from David Beckham studies to star trek, golf management and of course the compulsory Media Studies or Forensic Science that every ASDA Walmart or Costa Coffee employee on the planet has. And your prize for success? a minimum FIFY G life long debt that can never be paid from your expendable income in the real world.
so.. if people want to cheat a broken system good for them.

Last edited:

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A couple of my favorite YouTubers was sponsored by eduibirdie.