Youtuber with 2 Million Subscribers stole my footage

xboxmedien

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I guess it would be. Did your network ever get back to you on the issue?
No. This is a problem of most networks that it takes way too long to get any answer from them

Last edited by a moderator:

xboxmedien

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
good luck man, fingers crossed for you
Thanks! Video was removed[DOUBLEPOST=1468844772,1468844746][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aaaand the video has been removed. I guess you could call that a small victory.
Thanks :D[DOUBLEPOST=1468845053][/DOUBLEPOST]So I have got new e-mail few hours ago, where he said:
'Hey man I've added your Channel to the video, apologies for delay been out all weekend. How do I add your Channel to the cool channels though? Tweeted you too. Let's get it sorted :)'
Should I just ignore this message because he had deleted the video?

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well you can tell him that there is nothing left to be sorted as he already deleted the video but that you are open for future collaboration ideas. It could be a good idea not to barricade doors that may offer you access to some gold ;)

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well you can tell him that there is nothing left to be sorted as he already deleted the video but that you are open for future collaboration ideas. It could be a good idea not to barricade doors that may offer you access to some gold ;)
Would you collaborate with a guy who stole your video, removed the watermark and clearly tried to profit from it? I personally wouldn't trust such people.

k13lock

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Glad to see the video was removed

PS- Nice to see another soccer channel :D

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Would you collaborate with a guy who stole your video, removed the watermark and clearly tried to profit from it?
I would be careful but yes I would if he learned his lesson.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Take advantage of it. Just title your next video "(inset his name here) EXPOSED!" That's how so many people seem to grow nowadays lol

Reactions: CousinEd

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
There seems to be a lot of people offering praise and congrats... and I'd love to know why.

Someone stole one of your videos, cropped it to hide the watermark, posted it as their own and likely made a couple hundred dollars from it.
You contacted and called them out on it.
They replied and offered credit and a link, but changed their mind and decided to simply delete the video before you could accept the offer (or refuse it and give them a copyright strike).

Now people are offering praise for getting it worked out?

Nothing was worked out. Someone stole work, made money off it, and then deleted it once they were caught. Nothing was solved, no lesson was learned and nothing good came from it.

Reactions: XXLRay

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Someone stole work, made money off it
Do the views actually count as fully monetized if the video was removed after ~1 week? Wasn't there supposed to be a "safe period" of 30 or 48 days or something? Yes, my English su**.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Do the views actually count as fully monetized if the video was removed after ~1 week? Wasn't there supposed to be a "safe period" of 30 or 48 days or something? Yes, my English su**.
No. A video can be monetized as soon as it's uploaded. Having to wait any amount of time to monetize would be silly as videos on popular pages (typically) earn the highest number of views in the first few days.

Since the video had over 250k views when I last looked (likely much higher before it was taken down), it's a fairly safe assumption that they earned $250+ from their theft.

Reactions: CousinEd