Youtuber with 2 Million Subscribers stole my footage

xboxmedien

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone

One popular YouTuber stole almost the whole video from my channel. The length of his video is 3:55 min and he used of 1:30 of my footage (which I captured) and put his commentary. He didn't credit me or asked for permission.
What should I do? I can ask him to credit me and put to his sub box for few weeks or should I contact my network and try to claim that video?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Batzii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone

One popular YouTuber stole almost the whole video from my channel. The length of his video is 3:55 min and he used of 1:30 of my footage (which I captured) and put his commentary. He didn't credit me or asked for permission.
What should I do? I can ask him to credit me and put to his sub box for few weeks or should I contact my network and try to claim id that video?

Thanks!
video link?

xboxmedien

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is my video: youtu.be/mC0nRsID4CE and this is his video: youtu.be/BJtNCgF_yn0

Batzii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is my video: youtu.be/mC0nRsID4CE and this is his video: youtu.be/BJtNCgF_yn0
Take advantage of it, contact him and ask him to credit you. He seems to mess with the search alot, meta tagging in his descriptions.

xboxmedien

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Take advantage of it, contact him and ask him to credit you. He seems to mess with the search alot, meta tagging in his descriptions.
The problem is that I don't know exactly how he is going to credit me. (If he will credit me for sure) If he puts the link to my channel somewhere in the bottom of the video description, then it is almost pointless

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey man I checked both videos and yeah it sure seems like it.

Before contacting your network try sending him a private message either via YouTube or his gmail.

Or just tell him on Twitter or whatever social platform he has that he did not ask or credit you for the footage.

If by then he has not contacted you (I would say three days) then start getting your network involved.

although my way might not be what others say

LordFrench

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i have another channel with only 1000 subs, another tuber with 90k subs stole my whole video and added some effects to it and claimed it as his own. i messaged him and he ignored me. i reported it to youtube and they couldnt see anything wrong with it. So if i was you, id contact the network you are with ( if you're with one )

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Copyright and Legal Discussion forum. ^^
I would try to send him a message either through his business email, twitter, or a YouTube PM asking to be credited. He might ignore you which would require trying to get YouTube more involved, but he also might listen. ^^

xboxmedien

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for your advice guys! Another question: Is it possible to get revenue from his video using Content id? And is every network allowed to claim videos using Content ID?

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Submit a DMCA

Edit: Or yea more diplomatic approach is get your network to claim his video but hardly any networks will.