Youtuber Tips! What to do and not do

TheFallenNightmare

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What to do: First make sure you have a good profile picture and banner before you start making videos are after.
then when you start making videos verify your account then start making videos with good custom thumbnails.I
Recomend windows movie maker for video editer and maker for beginners and also don't spam. And make qualtiy videos.
What not to do: don't do sub4sub are say subscribe to me because they might not like your content . don't spam are any thing against youtube's terms of service. and don't get disgourged from your sub count it takes time and hard work to get a lot of subs. and don't expect to get 1 millon subs overnight are get 1k views overnight unless you are a really big channel. here's a obvious one don't use any copyrighted content if its non copyrighted give credit to the creator and also make sure its under fair use.

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What to do: First make sure you have a good profile picture and banner before you start making videos are after.
then when you start making videos verify your account then start making videos with good custom thumbnails.I
Recomend windows movie maker for video editer and maker for beginners and also don't spam. And make qualtiy videos.
What not to do: don't do sub4sub are say subscribe to me because they might not like your content . don't spam are any thing against youtube's terms of service. and don't get disgourged from your sub count it takes time and hard work to get a lot of subs. and don't expect to get 1 millon subs overnight are get 1k views overnight unless you are a really big channel. here's a obvious one don't use any copyrighted content if its non copyrighted give credit to the creator and also make sure its under fair use.
Here are few more that might help:
1. Don't make a thread about youtube tips that you didn't come up with.
2. Don't make a thread about youtube tips when your channel is 1 week old and you have 11 subscribers.
3. If your only reason to make a thread is to get attention to you/your channel....you guessed it.....don't do it.

DO:
1. Read....there is so much valuable information in here.
2. Comment when you have something to add (or to shut down attention grabbing posters....that's my personal favourite).
3. Read....seriously...there is a lot of information from people who know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

TheFallenNightmare

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Here are few more that might help:
1. Don't make a thread about youtube tips that you didn't come up with.
2. Don't make a thread about youtube tips when your channel is 1 week old and you have 11 subscribers.
3. If your only reason to make a thread is to get attention to you/your channel....you guessed it.....don't do it.

DO:
1. Read....there is so much valuable information in here.
2. Comment when you have something to add (or to shut down attention grabbing posters....that's my personal favourite).
3. Read....seriously...there is a lot of information from people who know what they're talking about.
well i didn't do this get the fame. i know i didn't come up with these but i just put it here so people know what to do when they start

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
well i didn't do this get the fame. i know i didn't come up with these but i just put it here so people know what to do when they start
If you look around, all this information is available.
People who want to start will find it, believe me.
Again...if you have nothing to contribute, don't.

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I super agree with what not to do and good post

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good advice, but I think the best advice would be finding your purpose of making this channel and asking yourself why people should subscribe to this channel.

Flash Cake

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think the best editing software for beginners would be Sony Movie Studio. It's pretty cheap and it's get the job done. It's also a lot better than movie maker if you want to use decent effects.

Reactions: WeegieMovies

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well i can't even read what it says on your thumbnail and it doesn't match your background so maybe take some of your own advice :)