YOUTUBER NEEDS ADVICE

thewarffmeister

Reaction score
HI GUYS
i'm thewarffmeister and i got a youtube channel butt i dont get that alot views ,thats a little bitt stupid because i'm trying to make good videos butt i just dont get more views than 20 or 30

so i need advice to this: how to get more views and get a little bit more populair on youtube

if someone has advice please comment .
already thanks , thewarffmeister

Dgamewiz

Gaming Wizard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I'm not sure if you'll take my advice 'cause I don't have all that many views myself, But I'm just going to tell you what people i've asked told me. With youtube how it is today it really doesn't matter anymore on how good a video is, it will just get lost in the sea of videos already on youtube. How do you get around this you may ask? Advertise, promote, get the word out there that you are here and ready to make some good videos for the people who watch you. Warning there's a difference between advertising your videos and spamming. PM a few people a day asking them to look at your videos and have them give you feedback or post on forums. (Like this one.) Anyway hope this helps you.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I always say this, but it's pertinent advice: there is no magical formula. Two people could publish identical videos, and one could get 1,000 views and the other might get 10 views. It all depends on timing, luck, good titles and tags, thumbnails, and promotional skills.

Reactions: Chef Kendra

TwinTails

Got music?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I always say this, but it's pertinent advice: there is no magical formula. Two people could publish identical videos, and one could get 1,000 views and the other might get 10 views. It all depends on timing, luck, good titles and tags, thumbnails, and promotional skills.
It's true, the first video I made got 400 views+ :eek: and now I have trickles of 30-150 views per video! Although I'll admit I did a wee bit more advertising for that one ^_^

Reactions: Frankie Turner

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Frankie is completely right, there are a lot of factors involved. Patience is the key, I see your channel is very new. However, if you want some advice here is mine, read the stickys at the top of the forum like a college textbook, a lot of people want 1 or 2 awesome tips when most of the best ones are already in the stickys waiting to be read. There is also AJBBB's (member) free ebook with some quality advice for beginners. I know how frustrating it can be when starting out. Good luck with you channel. :)

Reactions: Jazzy

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Make original, unique videos. Why would anyone bother watching a video that has been done thousands of times before by people funnier and more charismatic than you.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Just be patient. Keep making videos and that number will increase. My daily view number used to be super tiny, and it's been growing ever since I started. Now it's about 180 views a day. Just keep creating videos and eventually you will get there :)

GoonOnFire

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think you need to put yourself out there more in terms out "LOOK AT ME!" thumbnails and Titles.

Take for example when somebody does a blog. Normally, I'd never click a video of someone talking, but if it were between clicking the one with the well done thumbnail that looks professional (as far as youtube standards go) vs just an image of a guy, I'd click the first one.

Your content seems too cut and dry. Don't take that the wrong way, either. What I mean is that you need to add some excitement, maybe not to the level of PewDiePie, screaming so loud it makes you want to turn it off, but not so much just watching you play the game. Anyone can play the games you are playing, but it's YOUR job to make them want to watch you and say "Damn, this guy is hilarious!" or "I love his stories and the way he words things! Plus, he's got great advice!". Don't be afraid to be yourself, right from the get-go show people who you are. And if it takes a bit of fabricating in terms of making yourself seem more excited than you are, who cares? Youtube is entertainment. Even if you present a a tutorial video that teaches you something, it still needs to have some aspect of entertainment and not simply the HOW-TO. Now, that's not your fault, but it's pretty much a way of roping in the 10 second attention span of most people and getting them to stay.

To expand on that- The first 30 seconds of your video should be exciting, those are the few seconds that count the most and determine whether or not people will want to watch the rest.

Another good example..... Say I wanted to look for a video of a loud Ferrari wreaking havoc on the streets and terrifying innocent little smart cars.

Would I put - Ferrari F430 on the streets of LA with Tubi Exhaust.

No, you'd put - LOUD FERRARI! --- LOUDEST FERRARI EVER! --- AMAZING SOUND FROM AN F430!

My point is this - You don't need to make your video sound like the best thing ever, but make it something that people would want to click on. A LOT of the times, simple is better. And chances are, if you have a video that is REALLY good (Which it should be if you work at it!), then you will feel comfortable with putting titles like that and you won't feel as if it's false advertising. Trust me man, it PRESSURES you into making great content!

Thumbnails, I'm still kinda new at. All I can say is don't just have crappy text with bright colors, it can be a mix of both! A vibrant image that illustrates what is in your video. Really though, you should do thumbnails, like I mentioned in the example above with the people talking.

Tags, yeah, they are a pain in the a** but in the end they will probably help you out. And maybe not right away, but what if your video gets 300K views, and you simply typed in the tags "Ps4, launch, leak". You see, even if people type in something random and your slender video comes up, who's to say they won't click it?

I have so much more to say but most of it is sort of "iffy", considering I am still learning too.

Good luck on the channel man.

Tyggs

The Boy Who Was Named After An Animal
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Like everyone said, it's based upon advertising.

My first video (crappy vlog, iphone quality, awkward camera presence, ugh) got 700 views in one week. Second vlog (again, everything was lower than mediocre) got 1200 views in one week. I advertised both of those videos like hell since they were my first produced contents on YouTube. Now I'm on my fourth vlog (Canon 600D quality, better camera presence, more loose, thus I don't sound robotic) and I have 600 views within 3 days of uploading.

The point of my dragging is not to brag, but to show you that although a video might be amazing (or horrible!), it can get either 10 or 10000 views depending on luck, timing, titles, tags, promotional techniques, etc.

Good luck!! :)

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I just started too so I can't really give you experience-based advice but as far as I know, with gaming, it is especially hard to get noticed. There are just SO many YT gamer/commentators out there, each one of our videos are but a bump in the open road. I think the reality of it is that you just will not get views/subs quickly unless one of your videos or channel gets noticed for some reason (shoutout, referral, lucky, etc.).
The only thing you can do it to keep pushing out good videos (charm, originality in terms of personality, and genuinity), be consistent, be patient, and advertise and promote (not spam). :)