YouTuber cements head in microwave

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
My home town of Wolverhampton made it into the news this morning when a local YouTuber had to call emergency services to free his head from a microwave oven. Apparently he had put his head inside before pouring a mixture of cement inside.

I checked out his channel, he has 3 million subscribers so I'm sure he feels that the pain, humiliation, and risk of a painful and embarrassing death was worth it.

This desperate desire to be YouTube famous is truly disturbing. Rather than putting hard work into developing an entertaining channel, more and more kids seem to opt for the quicker route of doing something shocking and dangerous on camera. I know the issue of YT removing children's channels and content is on creator's minds at the moment, but I do hope something is done about the platform being used to promote morons like this.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah, I've just read about this (it has also made the national news) I'm sure he's very pleased with himself at wasting a team of 5 firefighters' time for over an hour. They should bill him for their time.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Kevster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, YouTube has devolved into a competition of who can do the most shocking/dangerous/ridiculous thing. Anything to get subscribers and views, and enlarge their e-peen, I guess. And it doesn't help that people love watching these kind of content too, which indirectly promotes the culture. I guess it's fine once in a while and if it's harmless, but we've gone way past beyond that point.. People have died to make these type of content before.

I checked out the guy's channel, and he seems to be really proud of the video, and even put "(nearly died)" on his title. It's pretty clear what he's after.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
To me being close to death just to entertain others is not okay. Death is not something to be taken lightly. Last time I checked we as content creators are not gladiators in Rome. -o- It's really sad how people also promote and encourage behavior like this. What distasteful society we live in. Hopefully this will be an example of what not to do for clicks and subscribers, etc.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just gave it a look, it's quite funny really. At least he was grateful for the help he received in the end. Still, this kind of content is right up there with the people who walk on the edge of tall buildings without a care for the poor person they might land on - had he assembled his own safety team to deal with the consequences then it would have been fine.

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
The thought of people being THIS stupid just for views is just absurd.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I also noticed he has ads on his video every 2 minutes or so. :rolleyes:

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Of course it's tgfbros. Talentless hacks.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
This happened not too far away from me...the guys a total prat. If he does anything like this again I hope they leave him to it.

Reactions: Crown