#youtubeisoverparty

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What do you guys think about youtube recent decisions when it comes to creators. First with their sensorsing anything controversial and now the shot against the LGBTQ creators. I believe this all to make more money. They are forgetting the people who actually make the site what it is. The creators are everything and since there is no one to take over youtube demeaning spot for content creators, I feel there is no thing we can really do. Unless Facebook comes out with its own content creator app I feel like we're just gonna have to kneel and do whatever youtube says.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think you may be forgetting what the site is: Youtube is a business, and it is there to make money. And yes, we pretty much have to kneel and do whatever Youtube says.. Thank goodness nobody is forcing us to use Youtube and we are free to stop using it whenever we choose.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It will end like it ended up in the past: in a few months if not weeks everyone will forget about it and youtube will retain the de facto monopoly of video sharing.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
in regards to the whole "age gate" thing, I don't think they are singling out certain people at all. I lost over a third of my child friendly animated content for no reason on restricted mode, there was no swearing or crude subtitles.

do I assume YouTube is biased towards cartoon lizards'? No that would be ridiculous. It just seems like a really REALLY flawed automated system.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I guess it's over before it really started

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you guys think about youtube recent decisions when it comes to creators. First with their sensorsing anything controversial and now the shot against the LGBTQ creators. I believe this all to make more money. They are forgetting the people who actually make the site what it is. The creators are everything and since there is no one to take over youtube demeaning spot for content creators, I feel there is no thing we can really do. Unless Facebook comes out with its own content creator app I feel like we're just gonna have to kneel and do whatever youtube says.
The only thing that matters is the bottom line. YouTube is free to make whatever decisions it must to make more money.

Reactions: The NotARubicon!

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's fine, I'll still eat Chick Fil' A and use YouTube even tho they're coming after my kind lmao. People like me will keep YT living forever.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Hey about the LGBTQ community they stated in a tweet that they aren't blocking anyone. The reason it is restricted by the age stuff is because some of the topics that the community talks about are sensitive for younglings. But a lot of their videos can still be view.

Also I agreed with the restricted mode they added. I wouldn't want my kid to be traumatize at a young age or anything like that. Things should be taken step by step and yeah we can teach kid stuff at a young age but it's better to let them live life at their own rate :)