Youtube won't monetize my videos and I do not know why!

Do you have problems monetizing your videos in recent months?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

FunFailor

Reaction score
YouTube doesn't monetize my videos for like last two months and I don't know why. I have no strikes on my account and I have never had one. There have never been a problem like this with my channel. But nowadays, when I upload any video YouTube wants me to prove I have the permisson to use it for commercials using.

I said ok, I will upload a photo I took out of my window, make a 5 sec video of it and upload it to YouTube and see what happens. Guess what, YouTube DID NOT even monetized my picture I have taken by myself and I did not added music or these things in the background of the video.

Please can somebody help me how to monetize my videos as I used before or how to avoid prooving that I have rights to use my videos for commercial using?

Thank you for your reply. (Sorry for my English, I am not from English speaking coutry)

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Just checked your channel and you appear to be uploading these compilation videos that include a lot of clips which weren't made by you so I don't think you're allowed to monetize those videos in the first place (and that's something you should take seriously as channel termination and getting sued are both an option).

Sarah Muscutt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Just checked your channel and you appear to be uploading these compilation videos that include a lot of clips which weren't made by you so I don't think you're allowed to monetize those videos in the first place (and that's something you should take seriously as channel termination and getting sued are both an option).
This is off topic, but how do you cover songs without infringing on copyright? Many people have said that covers and remixes are free game for causing strikes, lawsuits, and termination of accounts...

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This is off topic, but how do you cover songs without infringing on copyright? Many people have said that covers and remixes are free game for causing strikes, lawsuits, and termination of accounts...
Well I guess covers (on YouTube) have always been kind of a 'grey area' of copyright. Firstly, most of my videos are not monetized and the ones I monetize are either my original content or are legally monetized (I'm a Fullscreen partner). I also don't use the original recordings/tracks produced by someone else in any way as it's just 1 guitar track so it's just the musical composition that is under copyright.

Reactions: Sarah Muscutt

Sarah Muscutt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
So as long as you don't monetize the videos you can use copyrighted materials?[DOUBLEPOST=1406837297,1406837262][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I guess covers (on YouTube) have always been kind of a 'grey area' of copyright. Firstly, most of my videos are not monetized and the ones I monetize are either my original content or are legally monetized (I'm a Fullscreen partner). I also don't use the original recordings/tracks produced by someone else in any way as it's just 1 guitar track so it's just the musical composition that is under copyright.
PS you're a fantastic musician!

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Oh no, I never said that and please don't take any of this for granted because I wouldn't want you to get into trouble because of me. I was just referring to the fact that there are multiple big YouTubers who mostly make cover songs and they are fine after all this time. Also the fact that now YouTube upon claiming 3rd party content allows the opportunity to monetize the video if it's a cover song (can't post links but google "Monetizing eligible cover videos" for the article) may have a 'certain message'.

Thanks for the compliment by the way. :)

Reactions: Sarah Muscutt

FunFailor

Reaction score
Peter thanks for reply but as I said before, I have no strikes on my account. Not a single warning. Then I tried to upload a pic of my garden and they did not monetize it. So where is the problem?

XiaoK

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
u get the ! icon for your monetization tab for each video? sorry to tell you, but thats a killer for Youtubers, but you could always provide info like what software you use to record and edit, music you use and etc..
it takes several days for Youtube to review, that is another killer moments, if they approved, thats the good thing, but if they didnt approve it, Youtube will limit you with 14 days to provide more informations about that video footage, another several days to let them review it...so my suggestion is, if you got ! icon, just delete it, or just put it there if you dont mind about the revenue

Restart

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
https:// support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2990415?hl=en

In your case, it is the third one.