YouTube won't let us monetize...

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We have applied for monetizing for our videos on YouTube, but we keep getting emails back saying that there is some things that they were not able to verify that you have the appropriate commercial use rights for all included content.

All we have I'm the video is a time lapse of Minecraft and some music by Approaching Nirvana.

You are allowed to make videos of Minecraft and Approaching Nirvana allow people to use their music as long as they put links to their YouTube channel and to the song on iTunes.

We have done this but YouTube still say we cannot monetize. We also emailed Approaching Nirvana and got an email back, giving us written permission to use their music. We have sent this to YouTube but we have not heard anything back.

What do you guys think about this?

Reactions: xandru8

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We have applied for monetizing for our videos on YouTube, but we keep getting emails back saying that there is some things that they were not able to verify that you have the appropriate commercial use rights for all included content.

All we have I'm the video is a time lapse of Minecraft and some music by Approaching Nirvana.

You are allowed to make videos of Minecraft and Approaching Nirvana allow people to use their music as long as they put links to their YouTube channel and to the song on iTunes.

We have done this but YouTube still say we cannot monetize. We also emailed Approaching Nirvana and got an email back, giving us written permission to use their music. We have sent this to YouTube but we have not heard anything back.

What do you guys think about this?
music is very tricky especially with YouTube
dude Jason is right be carefull from intro to outro from music to noises and whats in the video you have to be careful basecly explain everithing thats in the video from start to end

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You make minecraft videos, right? Minecraft is a copyrighted game, and you just can't monetize that. Period. All you can do is join a network that has the rights to monetize game footage.

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You make minecraft videos, right? Minecraft is a copyrighted game, and you just can't monetize that. Period. All you can do is join a network that has the rights to monetize game footage.
Complete, total , and absolute b******t.

Sorry but I hate it when people talk like they know what they're saying but it's wrong.

FROM THE MINECRAFT OFFICIAL WEBSITE :

"for instance you are allowed to put ads on your YouTube videos containing Minecraft footage), you're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun."

SOURCE : http://www.minecraft.net/terms

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Complete, total , and absolute b******t.

Sorry but I hate it when people talk like they know what they're saying but it's wrong.

FROM THE MINECRAFT OFFICIAL WEBSITE :

"for instance you are allowed to put ads on your YouTube videos containing Minecraft footage), you're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun."

SOURCE : http://www.minecraft.net/terms
Please don't talk to me like that. What I described is the standard rule that youtube applies across the site. You normally cannot monetize gaming footage. However, I suppose this is one isolated instance of a game producer explicitly allowing content creators to monetize it. What I said is true for the most part, like if you wanted to monetize your CoD gameplay or Let's Play of Pokemon. This is the exception to the rule, not the rule itself. Thank you for correcting this point, but please don't have such an abrasive attitude.

Reaction score
Unless your video is getting tons of views, YouTube will take forever to get back to you, so be patient and just make more non-copyrighted videos.