YouTube vs girlfriend

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm fortunate that I have a really supportive partner. She gets really excited when I get a new subscriber and messages me about it, which is sweet. She gives constructive criticism and tells me what she likes and dislikes which is helpful. I would say though that if you have someone in your life like that, you have to ask yourself is that person being selfish or are you not spending enough time with that person. If it's the first one, ditch them straight away,because you don't need people like that holding you back. If it's the latter, then compromise with each other and set up a rigid schedule. That way you both know when you're filming and not to be disturbed, and when it's downtime and seeing each other. That's what I do with my partner and it works, we're both very happy

Casidhe Lianna

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't see why you can't do both. I don't have my husband in videos, but we don't have to have the same hobbies. I can still dedicate myself fully to him and our life whilst also putting in 110% effort with my videos. I set aside a few hours a week where I bulk film while he hangs out with his friends... works out well. we don't always have to be in each others pockets.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Broke up with my gf just few days ago :(

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube should be a hobby until it becomes your job. Don't confuse working long hours on YouTube as it being your job. No matter if you are a fulltime YouTuber or not, you will always have to put in hours and hours of your time for a single video. There is no easy way to create content.

And since I can't find your channel... Well... Hobby zone like the rest of us.

The_Man_XX

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends if YouTube is weighing in on your real life then quit but try to find[DOUBLEPOST=1484552861,1484552826][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends if YouTube is weighing in on your real life then quit but try to find a balance between the two

DayaVera

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why not both? You can still enjoy real life, without involving it around youtube. Still doing youtube as a hobby, like any other hobby people get. If it's something you like, do it at your pace.

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say your personal life goes first, YouTube follows after! My girlfriend is okay with my doing YouTube, but I would never cancel plans with her to make videos! YouTube is still a hobby, unless I get to the point that I can actually make a living out of it!

Reaction score
I am a married man with kids.... we all youtube together :) you can do it all if you want!