YouTube Vs. Copyright - It's Confusing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Benjamin Ward

Two Sides to 1 Person
Reaction score
Hey guys, now YouTube are a Confusing company... 'WHY'? i hear you ask?
well, they say your allowed to upload Videos with Non Copyright Music, Right?
now I've seen people (even Partnered People) make videos with Non Copyrighted Music in their videos

Now they state

'What will happen if you upload infringing content?' aka Uploading Copyright Music

Whenever YouTube becomes aware that a video or any part of a video on our site infringes the copyrights of a third party, we will take it down from the site as required by law. If you believe that a video on the site infringes your copyright, please send us a copyright notice and we'll take it down. If you believe we've removed in error a video that you uploaded and that you are the copyright owner or have permission, you can file a counter notice and let us know. Accounts determined to be repeat infringers may be subject to termination. Users with suspended or terminated accounts are prohibited from creating new accounts or accessing YouTube's community features.

Now they say this, YET, I've seen loads of Partnered people on YouTube with Copyrighted Music on almost all of their Videos... so are YouTube saying Partnered people are ALLOWED to use Copyright music and Non-Partnered people are not! here's an example of two YouTube Users 1 being a Partnered Person, another not a Partnered person.

1) PrincessJoules - Partnered person she has Copyright music on all her videos they DON'T get taken down...
2) Charmedlauraturner - Not a Partnered Person. had copyrighted music on 1 of her videos. and her whole channel got removed...

so answer me this why should Partnered People get away with it if NON-Partnered people can't.?
my friend 'Charmedlauraturner's channel got removed due to copyright Music, YET, PrincessJoules's account is still up... YouTube are NOT sticking with their own Rules...

stratafm

Ryan of the WWW
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter
Might they have permission to use the music? Could be.

Also, partners are not immune from strikes. They get hit all the time, and in some ways worse than the smaller youtubers. More viewership equals more of a chance at someone filing a DMCA against you. Even if it's your music you wrote, played... everything. It happens. Happens even more with copyrighted material. False DMCAs run rampant on YouTube. Anyone can flag anything for whatever reason and the video will be taken down. Then you have to appeal. I've watched several rants on this very matter, and quite a few from partners.

So long as you have the right documentation that you have permission to use whatever you're using in a video, you should be okay.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some partners have tons of other peoples stuff on it! I really think youtube looks the other way when it comes to really big channels that make them a lot of money. But what happens to you is that I think they warn you and then they will eventually delete and you ban your account if you do it to many times. I don't worry about it as 95% of my stuff on my channel is either my work or stuff that's in public domain. All though that 5% could come back and bite me in the a**!

Tom Elliott

I've Got It
Reaction score
It's easier to get permission if you're a big player. Companies aren't stupid and will allow permission for someone like Charlie Mcdonnell or Alex Day because they've gaurenteed 100k - 1mil views.

Reactions: itsameray

Leon Benjamin Ward

Two Sides to 1 Person
Reaction score
It's easier to get permission if you're a big player. Companies aren't stupid and will allow permission for someone like Charlie Mcdonnell or Alex Day because they've gaurenteed 100k - 1mil views.
good point mate, and welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.