YouTube Views

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
HI, I am so lost. I have a video I would like to promote so I can actual views to it. What can I do to get more views. I believe I have done my title, tags and description correctly. But my video is no where to be seen in the YouTube search results for my keyword phrase. Can someone please give me some suggestions on what to do? Thank you.

Cuttinboard

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
maybe you should go on twitter and then promote it hrough social websites like that :)

Video Muncher

Some Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would make sure you almost try and make your itle unique for if its a video with few views, a video more popular but similar title shall show up first.

thecomputertips

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This option is pretty cool, as it shows you all the keywords that you put in, and how many times they are searched each month
yup, this is a MUST! use tool in my opinion, another good thing to do is learn how YouTube algorithm works

GlennathonMcD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Comedian
I like using Facebook. I make "pros and cons" videos, and will promote it on Facebook pages based on topics. For instance, my last video was about Obama being re-elected, and I posted it on a bunch of pro (and anti) Obama pages. Hope this helps! :)

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've gathered from listening to ytcreators that there is a ton of things that are taken into account. I've ranked a number of my vids on first page for search results so I think I might know something.

Things that help you rank higher in youtube search results
monetized
1080p
your channel uploads videos regularly (once or more per week)
Keywords in the title
Keywords in the description
Keywords in the tags
Keywords in the closed captions (very important for outranking people! - you must take time to type out captions- spam keywords here!!!!)
engagement (relative & absolute)

And like Google search engine the Youtube search engine counts how many links to your content there are around the internet! So spam the url to your video!

And I've heard many people say that you want keywords in the actual name of the video file you upload to youtube! Such as keyword.mov for example...

ytcreators have also said they take into account if you are replying to comments on your video!

Straight use the same title as other people who are ranking high in searches for your keywords!

Check out my Glock cleanin vid. Excellent example of me ranking my vid on the first page against titans in my genre who's vids have 50k or 100k or more views! And little old me with 700 views just snuck my vid in there with them a couple weeks ago.

That's a start! :)

Reactions: NerdzSquared
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the suggestions. If I buy YouTube views, will it hurt me or help me with my rankings?

Status
Not open for further replies.