YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

DanielC88

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Reddit! But you have to either be part of the community OR have amazing videos.. If not, twitter is easy :)

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Isaki Tahashi

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find having too many social media over whelming and annoying.
I currently use IG, FB, T, and Tumblr (in order of most followers to the least).
Commenting on subscriptions I follow that are relevant to my types of videos help me the most with getting views.

Cinnamon Sweet Shoppe

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've only been on Youtube for 2 months but Reddit has been the most effective for me as far as getting views. But not so effective for getting subscribers.[DOUBLEPOST=1429819157,1429818940][/DOUBLEPOST]
Instagram and Facebook helped me! Especially when it comes to hashtags, that attract more people than I expected. It's not that much but can increase the views/subs little bit than before
How do you use Instagram to promote videos? They only allow 15 seconds and there are no clickable links.

PhantomPhoenix

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As a gamer, I heard a lot of good stuff about some subReddits, especially LetsPlayCritique (good community, useful comments, etc.)
I visited it a couple of times, and I noticed something.
While posting your videos doesn't seem to do much (even when you meet the requirements for posting), leaving honest feedback and constructive criticism (if you have any) for other people can work much better. People I commented on were grateful, they checked my channel out, some of them even subbed.

So maybe that's a better way to go about Reddit.
Too bad I don't have more time, I would definitely want to do it more.

As far as social networks, I use Twitter most often. The trick about Twitter is not to do generic posts, but actually be active and tweet about all kinds of stuff. And use hashtags. All the time!

Squeal Cat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I can't believe Google+ isn't on there. I have highest ROI with Google+ from all these social media options.

BillyVlogsTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, it's not a holy grail for me either. I never really greatly benefited from it. May be the way I'm going about it too :/
Here how you go about using Twitter to gain views and active subscribers on your channel!

Set up account and auto DM on Crowdfire and follow lots of people on Twitter and auto DM them telling to check out your Youtube channel or video then it should work very well! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1431548025,1431547612][/DOUBLEPOST]Twitter has definitely been the most successful one out of the lot!

I have never really tried(don't have account on) Pinterest and Instagram and Reddit.

Twitter is my main traffic source for my Youtube channel!
Following lots of (a least 400 to over 1K)people on Twitter every day and auto DM them(by Crowdfire) to check out my Youtube channel or videos and it is working out for me very good and it really helped me grow my Youtube channel a lot more and at a faster rate! :)

I remember back in November last year(2014) i only had about 25 subscribers and not getting many views on Youtube and ever since i started following lots of people and DM them about my channel or new video on Twitter, Now fast forward to 6/7months after i have nearly 1K subscribers on Youtube and most of them are active subscribers and getting lots of views and comments on my videos which is AWESOME! :) :)

Last edited:

Phantoler

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Here how you go about using Twitter to gain views and active subscribers on your channel!

Set up account and auto DM on Crowdfire and follow lots of people on Twitter and auto DM them telling to check out your Youtube channel or video then it should work very well! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1431548025,1431547612][/DOUBLEPOST]Twitter has definitely been the most successful one out of the lot!

I have never really tried(don't have account on) Pinterest and Instagram and Reddit.

Twitter is my main traffic source for my Youtube channel!
Following lots of (a least 400 to over 1K)people on Twitter every day and auto DM them(by Crowdfire) to check out my Youtube channel or videos and it is working out for me very good and it really helped me grow my Youtube channel a lot more and at a faster rate! :)

I remember back in November last year(2014) i only had about 25 subscribers and not getting many views on Youtube and ever since i started following lots of people and DM them about my channel or new video on Twitter, Now fast forward to 6/7months after i have nearly 1K subscribers on Youtube and most of them are active subscribers and getting lots of views and comments on my videos which is AWESOME! :) :)

You know what! There's nothing to lose. I'll go ahead and set that up ^^

The only thing I'm afraid of is to annoy people with the auto DM. I don't see red when I get one (not like when I get a comment on my video telling me to check out *their* channel) but rather I just don't care.

Palidor

The Palidor Project
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You know what! There's nothing to lose. I'll go ahead and set that up ^^

The only thing I'm afraid of is to annoy people with the auto DM. I don't see red when I get one (not like when I get a comment on my video telling me to check out *their* channel) but rather I just don't care.
I tried this today for kicks because what was there to lose right.
6 new subs but wont know the views till a few days time
Probably added around 500 people to my twitter with 140 odd adding me back and getting the auto message. Once they get the auto message and engage with you then you can chat with them and make them want to sub and watch.
I had my doubts about this but it seems to have a little bit of a affect on subscription at least

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So far I haven't got the luck to find any social media useful. I made a Twitter a Facebook and Reddit account and either I suck at using them as a tool (which is most likely the case) or my channel is just too small to create any kind of interest/movement which can with my promotion (which is probably as well the case XD)

Subtenko

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I honestly feel like Reddit is the least effective. People are so picky and critical there, and you'll often find dislikes on your videos because of Reddit if you aren't careful.
I primarily use Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter. :)
So true, you try to share a video and people wont even give constructive feedback, they'll just say "sucks" or something stupid. Forums like these where you having different sections, and everyone is more chill and cool is more effective than reddit.