YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello all,

I can see that a recurring theme with the introduction posts and stuff is "we're her to get tips on how to get our channels noticed" so I thought why not just ask people like this...

SO.. in your opinion what is the best way to get your channel noticed? I have been having more success at the start of this year but it's starting to slow down already? How did you get your channel noticed?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It takes a lot of work, a lot of patience, and a lot of getting it wrong at first, I think.

Mostly, it's about knowing who your audience is and where they tend to look for things to watch online. Depending on your type of channel, you may find success in places like posting on Reddit forums, or on Instagram, or in forums on Facebook or engaging with people on Twitter, or a myriad of other places.

One thing that helps a lot is consistency. I see a lot of YouTube creators who give up if they don't get a lot of notice right away, and for most (not all, there are of course viral sensations) creators, it's going to take a long time before your content gets noticed, and one of the best ways for the YouTube algorithms to find you is to consistently make content that's similar to the other content you have on your channel, so they know where to recommend your stuff.

Keep at it! You can do it!

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It takes a lot of work, a lot of patience, and a lot of getting it wrong at first, I think.

Mostly, it's about knowing who your audience is and where they tend to look for things to watch online. Depending on your type of channel, you may find success in places like posting on Reddit forums, or on Instagram, or in forums on Facebook or engaging with people on Twitter, or a myriad of other places.

One thing that helps a lot is consistency. I see a lot of YouTube creators who give up if they don't get a lot of notice right away, and for most (not all, there are of course viral sensations) creators, it's going to take a long time before your content gets noticed, and one of the best ways for the YouTube algorithms to find you is to consistently make content that's similar to the other content you have on your channel, so they know where to recommend your stuff.

This is very good advice! Thank you!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I agree so many people give up because their not making it right away, I’ve noticed that with a few people on this forum they stopped making videos because their not making money or getting the subscribers and that was the only reason they wanted to started YouTube in the first place. When your goal is to become internet famous than most of the time your channel won’t make it, sometimes it will if all of sudden you viral but that’s very rare

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree so many people give up because their not making it right away, I’ve noticed that with a few people on this forum they stopped making videos because their not making money or getting the subscribers and that was the only reason they wanted to started YouTube in the first place. When your goal is to become internet famous than most of the time your channel won’t make it, sometimes it will if all of sudden you viral but that’s very rare
This is very true, you start youtube through your love of whatever your posting videos about. If it does kick of then that's great but it's not going to happen all the time

Reactions: Courtney Candice

GeekAndGame

Reaction score
Just starting Youtube and I've already felt a wave of disappointment. We had more views on our first video than we had ever expected but then immediately dropped down to nearly nothing.

Of course its not on the same scale as most but it was still trying, but thinking back on what every major youtuber, pewdiepie included, that I watch says about similar feelings is to just push through, keep throwing your passion into it and keep uploading on schedule.

I've yet to have personal success but they can't all be wrong, can they?

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just starting Youtube and I've already felt a wave of disappointment. We had more views on our first video than we had ever expected but then immediately dropped down to nearly nothing.

Of course its not on the same scale as most but it was still trying, but thinking back on what every major youtuber, pewdiepie included, that I watch says about similar feelings is to just push through, keep throwing your passion into it and keep uploading on schedule.

All youtubers say the same, keep to schedule and throw out content. "Keep going and never quit. This for some won't work however most will strive to succeed!" this is what I go by was just curious to get others opinions.

Reactions: GeekAndGame

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Though to be fair, every time you go to YouTube and don’t search specific things, you’re presented with nothing but the biggest channels. So it feels like that’s how it should be for everyone. So I can see how it gets disheartening when things don’t take off right away[DOUBLEPOST=1515980629,1515980473][/DOUBLEPOST]
All youtubers say the same, keep to schedule and throw out content. "Keep going and never quit. This for some won't work however most will strive to succeed!" this is what I go by was just curious to get others opinions.
The best I can say is you need a video that does the work for you. Something that compels people watching to share with their friends and then those friends in turn share it. What that is depends on the genre and once you’ve got it, you’re set[DOUBLEPOST=1515980854][/DOUBLEPOST]

The video with 25 views? If you’re discouraged after 5 videos, you’re headed for the graveyard with a million other dreamers

Reactions: George Hudson

GeekAndGame

Reaction score
Though to be fair, every time you go to YouTube and don’t search specific things, you’re presented with nothing but the biggest channels. So it feels like that’s how it should be for everyone. So I can see how it gets disheartening when things don’t take off right away[DOUBLEPOST=1515980629,1515980473][/DOUBLEPOST]
The best I can say is you need a video that does the work for you. Something that compels people watching to share with their friends and then those friends in turn share it. What that is depends on the genre and once you’ve got it, you’re set[DOUBLEPOST=1515980854][/DOUBLEPOST]
The video with 25 views? If you’re discouraged after 5 videos, you’re headed for the graveyard with a million other dreamers
Definitely not discouraged, just pointing out that the first video set a baseline for what I thought I should expect after that. It may have been naivety, but when the next 6 don't attain even half of that, it can be, and was, disappointing.

Reactions: George Hudson

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Definitely not discouraged, just pointing out that the first video set a baseline for what I thought I should expect after that. It may have been naivety, but when the next 6 don't attain even half of that, it can be, and was, disappointing.
Sorry friend, just starting out, with no installed fan base with titles like “why are they making that.?” You’ll NEVER get views. The words are just way too common. That only works for big channels that have a cult following. Also get your family and friends on the PC and play the whole vid as soon as you upload to ensure a few 100%watchtimes going in. But don’t buy views, it doesn’t work