YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Probably it is true but they ban only if you are spamming and sharing like 10 videos or more. Up to three links per day are acceptable. The idea on Reddit is that you target subreddits that are not too much popular but still have around 100 viewers online. These kinds of subreddits allow you to promote your video, and they will get you views. If you go to subreddit that has like thousands of online people, there your chances to publish successfully are minimal, and they will delete your link.
I didn't get banned, but my video was taken off and i got a slap on my hand because i didn't have enough Karma blah blah and self-promotion blah blah...
I have published 1 picture (my artwork) and TRIED publishing 2 art videos (not monetized, not with affiliate links, totally clean non-commercial) in 1 month. I'm far from being a spammer.
Anyway..I gave up about a year ago...tried again last week...same bad luck lol
i give up unless i get enlightened somehow

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You need to be a little bit active in other topics rather than just sharing links. For example, I posted an interesting picture on Audi subreddit, about mileage of my car it is 199991km and asked other people what is the mileage on their Audi? And BUM I have 84 comments on that post, and 64 karma increased only for that. So be creative, there is plenty of things how you can reach some decent karma level. I hope this helps to enlighten you lol :)

Reactions: ArtesVives

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You need to be a little bit active in other topics rather than just sharing links. For example, I posted an interesting picture on Audi subreddit, about mileage of my car it is 199991km and asked other people what is the mileage on their Audi? And BUM I have 84 comments on that post, and 64 karma increased only for that. So be creative, there is plenty of things how you can reach some decent karma level. I hope this helps to enlighten you lol :)
awesome insight indeed...nobody tells you how to get karma...and you just did :D
thank you :)

Reactions: UnboxingSve

Megamindez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually am starting out from instagram (@Niki_simply) where I have been posting regularly for almost a year I think by now, and I find it the most engaging. I announced making videos to my followers and many have been actively waiting and want to genuinley check it out.

So I am a big IG fan! xx

TheBaconater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think if you really put the time in, then reddit is the place to go, sure they dont like the spamming and self promotion but if you're active on the forums then the people there will check your stuff out and give honesty feedback.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I honestly feel like Reddit is the least effective. People are so picky and critical there, and you'll often find dislikes on your videos because of Reddit if you aren't careful.
I primarily use Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter. :)
You can't even write a non-promotional post without someone being critical. There's something really toxic about Reddit - my experience (never promoted there - but have posted simple questions - only to have people question my motives for asking it in the first place.)

Danica Christin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As I have just started out on Youtube most of my views have certainly come from Facebook where I told friends & family that I uploaded a video. It will be interesting to see how this will change as my channel grows and evolves.

Icarus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Native videos have more reach and will also be larger in size and auto-play. If you have dead videos on YouTube that aren't generating any income, you might as well repurpose them on Facebook as a native video and create a call to action button to watch on YouTube at the end of the video.
What other things do you suggest knowing when it comes to promoting on facebook?

bluidguy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think my best guess is Facebook, it's hard to say but I have delayed posting on other platforms and just posted on there, and also not posted on fb or any others and judging by the timing it's either coincidence or the videos I share on facebook (links).

Realiti Virtualski

Reaction score
I think in my case it's mostly facebook and twitter. We're also on twitch which links to our channel. We posted once on reddit and that video did get a boost in views but haven't done that anymore because we want to know how the views would add up organically.