YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Oh my gosh I tried Reddit and even if I participate alot I find it more like a waste of time than a help !

I mean, I am on Newtubers for example. It's good to get pieces of advice or ideas to grow but when it comes to promotion ; first it's forbidden almost everywhere to self promote your channel (which is quite understandable to avoid anarchy) but when you are allowed to, no one cares haha

I don't know where else can I post because when it comes to related topics to my channel, everybody post for themselves so I feel like it's more link dropping lol

you're lucky if you succeeded in increasing with reddit
Try looking for YouTube groups on Facebook and Google+. I know G+ sucks but some people still use it. Make sure you look for groups that don't have too many members otherwise it's just thousands of people spamming their vid links. I'd go for anywhere from a hundred to about a thousand members. Usually in these smaller groups members actually care about seeing other people's content and making friends[DOUBLEPOST=1495637981,1495637815][/DOUBLEPOST]
After asking this I've been super active, I do tutorials so I'm hanging out in graphic design subreddits. I think the best approach isn't posting my tutorial, but rather, answering people's questions and potentially plugging my channel as another helpful source in the comments. Seems to be the best mix of community engagement with some minor promotion. Although really I'm not asking people for views/subs, I'm simply providing them valuable content if they're interested.
That's actually a pretty good idea! That way you're helping the community but also growing your channel. Eventually people will get used to you and look to your channel whenever they need graphic design help

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try looking for YouTube groups on Facebook and Google+. I know G+ sucks but some people still use it. Make sure you look for groups that don't have too many members otherwise it's just thousands of people spamming their vid links. I'd go for anywhere from a hundred to about a thousand members. Usually in these smaller groups members actually care about seeing other people's content and making friends
That's my strategy haha it's so hard to self promote ...Especially because I flee sub4sub and Like4like ...I think I am the only one on earth searching for a real community and trying to help the others lol so sad

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That's my strategy haha it's so hard to self promote ...Especially because I flee sub4sub and Like4like ...I think I am the only one on earth searching for a real community and trying to help the others lol so sad
I totally get where you're coming from. I also genuinely like discovering great YouTube channels. Particularly the smaller ones as I feel they tend to be more passionate. Screw this, let's make our own community! :D

Bazzeltroff

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am actually just starting to use instagram, and I actually like it a lot. Gotten a bit more exposure than I thought I would, that's for sure!

Reactions: ItsBeeRay

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It really is a fantastic app once you really get into it. And pretty much everyone's on it nowadays so you could potentially gain a lot of exposure. I used to find it pointless but now I probably spend like an hour a day on it.

Reactions: Bazzeltroff

Bazzeltroff

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really is a fantastic app once you really get into it. And pretty much everyone's on it nowadays so you could potentially gain a lot of exposure. I used to find it pointless but now I probably spend like an hour a day on it.
It's also quite easy to gain new followers. Definitely a plus imo.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I totally get where you're coming from. I also genuinely like discovering great YouTube channels. Particularly the smaller ones as I feel they tend to be more passionate. Screw this, let's make our own community! :D
Yeah we could ! Haha I talked with a person on a Facebook and told him I'd rather click on small videos with 1000 views or less than the ones with millions of views since I feel like my view is more significant to the small YouTuber than being ONE click between millions of others...

It's sad that YouTube SEO doesn't help the tiny youtubers and always put under lights the same ones

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah we could ! Haha I talked with a person on a Facebook and told him I'd rather click on small videos with 1000 views or less than the ones with millions of views since I feel like my view is more significant to the small YouTuber than being ONE click between millions of others...

It's sad that YouTube SEO doesn't help the tiny youtubers and always put under lights the same ones
So very true! YouTube was meant to impliment this feature where they showcase small channels with potential. I think they did it for like a few weeks and stopped because I don't see it anymore. I'm so tired of seeing FouseyTube's face in my recommended videos. They definitely need to promote more smaller channels

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So very true! YouTube was meant to impliment this feature where they showcase small channels with potential. I think they did it for like a few weeks and stopped because I don't see it anymore.channels
I definitely didn't know about this feature ! Maybe I wasn't on YT yet !

They definitely need to promote more smaller channels
Especially when the biggest Youtubers you see everytime aren't necessarily the best...

Oh and BTW I felt so concerned by your avatar pointing a finger at me as if you were accusing me of not having clicked on your channel yet so that's what I have to do now haha :D

Lienx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I don't feel like any of them help at all... word of mouth has seemed to be the only thing that has worked for me personally.