YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that FB helped me the most.
I mean, I have an account on Instagram too but I feel like people only like your post on IG but won't click on the link. Plus we can only put one link and only in description so lazy butts won't bother

Also, the problem with Facebook is that I think that mostly my friends click on the link...
I have no clue how to grow my channel in other ways :( lol
On Facebook, you must join groups and promote your videos inside those groups. Most of them will be strangers, not friends. I make them public, then Share them to groups that are appropriate about the subject I'm making videos about.[DOUBLEPOST=1493972641,1493972067][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think that FB helped me the most.
I mean, I have an account on Instagram too but I feel like people only like your post on IG but won't click on the link. Plus we can only put one link and only in description so lazy butts won't bother

Also, the problem with Facebook is that I think that mostly my friends click on the link...
I have no clue how to grow my channel in other ways :( lol
So, with Facebook, you need to belong to groups and Share your videos to the groups pertinent to the topic of your videos. People will look at them, whether they are friends of not. If you confine them to your timeline, and don't make them public, that won't work, either. Only your friends can see posts if your privacy settings aren't set to public. Take a chance, unless you're concerned about public exposure for the videos, which could draw troll attention. I don't worry about that; they know I will be a handful if they bash my videos on Facebook and wouldn't dare! LOL. Sorry about the double-post response. Don't know how to get rid of the other one.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
[/QUOTE] So, with Facebook, you need to belong to groups and Share your videos to the groups pertinent to the topic of your videos. People will look at them, whether they are friends of not. If you confine them to your timeline, and don't make them public, that won't work, either. Only your friends can see posts if your privacy settings aren't set to public. Take a chance, unless you're concerned about public exposure for the videos, which could draw troll attention. I don't worry about that; they know I will be a handful if they bash my videos on Facebook and wouldn't dare! LOL. Sorry about the double-post response. Don't know how to get rid of the other one.[/QUOTE]

I already joined facebook groups about Youtube channels growing and also groups about my topic

the problem is that people would dump their post and don't care about the others so I quite abandoned

also I have a Facebook page and when I share my videos I post in public...

I joined some French groups which work well (sub4sub is forbidden) but when it comes to English ones.....Only sub4sub or link dumping

Maybe I joined bad groups..

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you mean "dump their post?" There are so many groups on Facebook, it isn't even funny. So, yes, find more of them and different ones than you found. Good luck!

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you mean "dump their post?" There are so many groups on Facebook, it isn't even funny. So, yes, find more of them and different ones than you found. Good luck!

I mean randomly post their link without any description or message except "CHECK MY VIDEO"
These persons obviously don't even bother scroll down and click to others' videos ^^

I am still searching thanks

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean randomly post their link without any description or message except "CHECK MY VIDEO"
These persons obviously don't even bother scroll down and click to others' videos ^^

I am still searching thanks
Okay, I see. Well, if you make a post of your own for your vid, you can control who comments to it and delete ones trying to steal your thunder with their own vids. Nobody will ever know you're the one who deleted their comment. I am an admin of several groups, so I'm not sure about this, but you can also prevent people from commenting on your post in groups ... not ones made to your timeline. If your notifications are on, you'll get one for anybody posting to your post; that includes your timeline.

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I find Reddit works best for me. On my other channel several of the videos we posted to Reddit got over 20k views. One got nearly 200k. Facebook is good to get a couple of hundred views depending on how many friends you have. I'd also suggest making short teasers showing just a few seconds of your video and post them to Instagram. Make sure to tell people to check out the full video and put your channel/video link in your profile. With the right hashtags, it's bound to drive some traffic towards your channel.

Reactions: Bgirl Sonia

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I find Reddit works best for me. On my other channel several of the videos we posted to Reddit got over 20k views. One got nearly 200k. Facebook is good to get a couple of hundred views depending on how many friends you have. I'd also suggest making short teasers showing just a few seconds of your video and post them to Instagram. Make sure to tell people to check out the full video and put your channel/video link in your profile. With the right hashtags, it's bound to drive some traffic towards your channel.
What's your strategy for posting on Reddit without being considered self-promotion?

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my gosh I tried Reddit and even if I participate alot I find it more like a waste of time than a help !

I mean, I am on Newtubers for example. It's good to get pieces of advice or ideas to grow but when it comes to promotion ; first it's forbidden almost everywhere to self promote your channel (which is quite understandable to avoid anarchy) but when you are allowed to, no one cares haha

I don't know where else can I post because when it comes to related topics to my channel, everybody post for themselves so I feel like it's more link dropping lol

you're lucky if you succeeded in increasing with reddit

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
What's your strategy for posting on Reddit without being considered self-promotion?
You have to be fairly active on there. Interact with other people and their posts and they'll do the same. Also it depends on the content you share. We did a lot of parody and comedy videos so reddit users loved them. But if I share a vlog for example, I'm most likely not going to get many views because no one cares.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You have to be fairly active on there. Interact with other people and their posts and they'll do the same. Also it depends on the content you share. We did a lot of parody and comedy videos so reddit users loved them. But if I share a vlog for example, I'm most likely not going to get many views because no one cares.
After asking this I've been super active, I do tutorials so I'm hanging out in graphic design subreddits. I think the best approach isn't posting my tutorial, but rather, answering people's questions and potentially plugging my channel as another helpful source in the comments. Seems to be the best mix of community engagement with some minor promotion. Although really I'm not asking people for views/subs, I'm simply providing them valuable content if they're interested.